Libertine Black Ale & Dead Pony Club
Here is the lowdown on some new BrewDog beers:
Dead Pony Club
This Californian Pale Ale packs a huge hoppy punch despite its modest 3.8%. Perfect for drinking by the bottle, case or keg. A 21st century low amplitude, high voltage hop hit.
Some people say slow is good. We believe fast is better.Being shot from a Hoppy Howitzer beats the hell out of trotting round a submissive paddock. That's why the internal combustion engine got mounted onto two wheels. Live fast, drink fast, sleep late and rip it up down empty streets.
Screw down the throttle and listen for that dull banshee howl floating back from those malted mufflers. This little thoroughbred kicks like a mule.
Malts: Maris Otter, Pale Ale Malt, Caramalt, Munich Malt, Crystal Malt
Hops: Citra, Simcoe, Mosiac
Twist: Loads of Pacific North West Hops give this beer a huge hoppy hit that belies its modest ABV.
Buy some here: http://www.brewdog.com/product/dead-pony-club
Libertine Black Ale
Lose yourself in this voluptuous beast of a beer. A twenty-first century hop whore. This mother will seduce you, ravish you and you'll be back gagging for more. Adore it. Lust for it. Fall for it.
Libertine Black Ale is a dark hop bomb combining the hop awesomeness of an IPA, the decadent and indulgent malt flavours of a stout with an insatiable drinkability that belies the punch that this beer packs. A Dark Knight amongst pale knaves.
Taste the hops, live the dream. Learn to speak beer, love fruit and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, dreamers and warriors... the outlaw elite.
Ride toward anarchy and caramel craziness. Let the sharp bitter finish rip you straight to the tits. Swallow hard - this slut bites.
Malts: Maris Otter, Caramalt, Munich Malt, Dark Crystal Malt, Carafa
Twist: A single hop black ale; loaded with Simcoe. Envelope yourself in it’s carnal purity.
Buy some here: http://www.brewdog.com/product/libertine-black-ale
This limited release beer will be in all our bars on draft this weekend. Loaded with so much hops that this 7.2% IPA will literally destroy your mouth with it's 200 theoretical IBUs. The most bitter beer we have ever brewed. This one is not for the feint hearted, elderly or French. If you like hops and bitterness then go ahead. But be warned.
Don’t pull back, or slow down until the crazy music starts. This mother will drill you with Panzer-like efficiency. And you’ll beg for more.
- i had Jackhammer last night, it didn't literally destroy my mouth but it was outrageously bitter. It's absolutey delicious, my favorite ipa brewdog have made. Can you tell us what hops are in it? BenH07.07.2012
- No beer will "literally destroy your mouth," unless perhaps it contains nitroglycerin. paleblue06.07.2012
- @sailorboy my bad. I apologize. Didn't realize you were quoting a conversation. Thought 'this actually happened' meant the naming of the beer (which I think was a competition winner). To be honest after freezing beer to make it stronger, throwing some in the ocean to break a curse and serving more through a dead deers head I don't think ridiculous exists to these guys anymore. TrickyDicky06.07.2012
- Is that the Outer Banks Brewing Station from NC Jack Hammer IPA or a Brewdog beer?
is it as bitter/astringent as the Hop Stoopid you had on draft last Christmas? That was good shit.Cstewart06.07.2012
- I want to buy some soon.My life without BrewDog is shit! deadmanwalking06.07.2012
- You guys may call it a "dark hop bomb" - But Libertine Black Ale is nothing short of perfection!
Everyone needs that beer in their life!Barryw06.07.2012
- Great writing about the beers!
Love the copy.
- Excited for Jack Hammer and some spicy food!
- Love the Libertine - had it at Camden last night.
- Trickydick Very sorry to have offended thee. I was only truthfully quoting a mates reaction too me asking for a DEAD PONY CLUB.... You have to admit it is truly ridiculous. sailorboy06.07.2012
- @sailorboy 'FUCK OFF YOU TWATT'? Really? Sorry are you 15 years old or something? Where I come from if we don't like something we usually tell the person in a much more polite way, and being on the BrewDog website I can only guess that you are usually a fan of BrewDog so everyone would expect you to be respectful, No? And if you are not a fan then that can only mean that you are on here to be a hater. In which case, nobody wants you here so how about you do as your own comment suggests TrickyDicky06.07.2012
- What you for mate ?.... Ill have a dead pony club...... A what..... A DEAD PONY CLUB...... FUCK OFF YOU TWATT.... this really happened. sailorboy05.07.2012
- Had the Dead Pony Club on draft over the weekend - best low-ABV beer I've had from you guys. Really good stuff. H.P. Lovecraft05.07.2012