March 2013 saw the first ever launch of BrewDog's crowdsourced beer, #Mashtag! Over the course of 5 days, we invited twitter and facebook followers and readers of this blog to vote on a different element of the brew, and at the end of the week they decided the name and designed the label too. We handed the keys to our brewery over to the people who drink our beers, and launched the world's first 100% crowdsourced beer!
You guys did not disappoint either! The resulting American Brown Ale with New Zealand hops, aged on oak chips and hazelnuts was one tasty beer! Kudos.
This year, we will be launching the same ace concept, but with some special twists further down the line...!
On Monday 10th March at 10am, a blog will go live announcing the three beer styles you guys can choose from. Tuesday will be a vote on the malt bill and ABV, Wednesday is the hops, Thursday is the special twist and Friday we'll launch the label design competition. What you select each day will determine the next 5 days' choices, so choose wisely!
Head back here on Monday and get voting. This is craft beer for the people, by the people.
Any hopes for what we throw in the mix...? Get 'em down in the comments!
Check out last year's round up here!
Posted in - brewdog-news
- Porter Patrick 10.03.2014
- Saison!!! Imperial saison possibly? Masterchefal10.03.2014
- Mosaic!! LucyCorne10.03.2014
- A coconut porter would be grand! awol09.03.2014
- I want to see a hop bud in each bottle! (if it turns out to be a hop blast) griffdog209.03.2014
- Imperial Strawberry Milkshake Stout. erick08.03.2014
- Strawberries, Lots of Strawberries erick08.03.2014
- Any chance of a stout with an almond hit? Ant5707.03.2014
- bacon Kevin07.03.2014
- Se still have some bottles in Brasil! Hell yeah!
So, why not something like imperial saison?nickofuchs07.03.2014
- @Marcin I have three bottles at home, just saying ;)
A hoppy pilsner would be great but I guess Ill just have to wait to vote till next weekTroubledwaters07.03.2014
- Im thinking either a wheat beer, or a stout! ellab1907.03.2014
- Can we get some RYE in there please? EccyEccyPtang07.03.2014
- Belgian style beer, like a golden ale would be good. As much as I like IPAs something different would be good (which is also why I voted brown ale last time around). James07.03.2014
- Please please do My name is Sonya one more time. This is my favourite beer and I cant buy it anywhere now! Pleeeaase! Marcin07.03.2014
- Hey D3lf - Electric India was actually brewed by our shareholders! Twas a tasty little number though, one of my personal favourites. #Mashtag is the only beer we have crowdsourced in this way, so this is just the second time its been done! BrewDogSarah07.03.2014
- Pilsner!!! tkdil07.03.2014
- Was electric India a mashtag beer, cos I enjoyed that :) d3lf07.03.2014
- We want a saison! Pierrick HappyBeerTime07.03.2014
- Finnish Sahti with little twist. FinCraft07.03.2014
- No Robbert, thats a link to last years round up! :) Voting for this years starts Monday at 10am! BrewDogSarah07.03.2014
- You brewed it already? Robbert07.03.2014
- Yeah man, missed out last time! Golden Ale? Alex T07.03.2014
- Bananas! fourstringdave07.03.2014
- YES! Pilsner please??? Zena07.03.2014