More space to paint sharks: our expansion plans
Why stand still? We are on a mission.
We are really excited to share the plans for the latest phase of our expansion at our new Ellon HQ. These plans are going to help us brew more beer, share our passion for great craft beer and quite possible save the world with hops.
Despite the big investment we recently made in our new brewery we are still struggling to keep up with the demand for our hardcore craft beers. Luckily we bought the site next to our current one over a year ago so we already have space we can expand into. Furthermore, all the new equipment at the brewery was bought with expansion in mind. Our state of the art Brew-House, our amazing new bottling line and our life affirmingly brilliant new centrifuge were all bought with an eye (or potentially multiple eyes) on the future. All we need to expand our capacity are more fermentation tanks which we can plug into our system and more floor space to operate in.
We are now at the final stages of planning for our new 4000 square metre building complete with pilot brewery, visitor centre and a rock 'n roll BrewDog shop to boot. We will hopefully have the project complete by the end of 2013. A separate part of the project will also see an initial addition of 8x600HL fermentation tanks in Summer 2013 with 8 further fermentation tanks arriving later in the year further expanding our production capabilities.
This phase of our development will see us invest a further £5m in north east Scotland over the next 36 months and employ over 30 more people. Screw the recession.
The new building will host a BrewDog visitor centre offering tours of the new brewery whilst also promoting education and better understanding of beer. In addition we will open a BrewDog shop as part of the visitor centre offering growler fills, a range of BrewDog and guest bottles and merchandise. The pilot plant will be used for new recipe development and also interactive and open brewing sessions. We plan on having monthly open days where people can come and help us make some awesome beers and learn all about brewing in the process.
Want to join our team? Here is how you can http://www.brewdog.com/careers
Oh and the expansion is actually because we need more space for awesome sharks. Just don't tell anyone.
Posted in - brewdog-news
- Zarah, my bad. I totally omitted you from the last posting, as it was a pleasure meeting you to.
BD is fortunate to have a lovely lady to keep all of the testeron in check.
We'll continue drinking your beer over here. I will at least and once Lent is over, the other one as well.
The building looks lovely. Sharks gotta have more room to swim and beer drinkers gotta have more great beer to drink!2 lost Americans, 1 back in the states27.02.2013
- Tom Aitken- it would be best to get in touch via email closer to the time. Email me at email@example.com
- Martin & Franz, it was a pleasure meeting you guys last Thursday evening at BrewDog Aberdeen.
2 lost Americans in Aberdeen...27.02.2013
- Well i know where i will be buying my beer from great news for my local town scottymac26.02.2013
- Hi I would like to know if its possible to visit the brewery on any given day between the 8th and 15th June? Tom Aitken26.02.2013
- Hopefully another chance to invest in Equity for punks! Jamie 26.02.2013
- Sounds great.
How is this going to be funded - will there be an EFP3...?TheBBG26.02.2013
- Does this mean that you need more of our money! Missed out on the last Equity for Punks and would love the chance to get involved! Eric26.02.2013
- Great news! Looking forward to stopping at the shop on my way home. David Wilson25.02.2013
- Bring it on, can't wait for the shop, reckon I will be a regular just living round the corner :-) Philuren25.02.2013
- Great news that the beers are so in demand! I wasn't expecting expansion onto the other half of the site so soon. Any news on the farmers field you bought for the very first brewery plans which fell through? Fanboy Puppy Lover25.02.2013
- Looks great.
I'll be up in Aberdeen in the middle of June, and I'm hoping to have time for a visit to Ellon as well.
Keep on hoppin' in the real world ....
Pete H., Nottm25.02.2013
- This is great news. Soon I will be able to replenish my stocks whilst walking the dog (not a euphemism)... Vambo25.02.2013
- James- That's good. Original plan looked like a massive cattle shed! Ian Prise25.02.2013
- Great news, the community needs more guys like you! LocalLad9125.02.2013
- Ian - we have changed the plans and are in the process of having planning approve the ammended application. BrewDog James 25.02.2013
- The plans on the blog look quite a bit different from the plans that have been approved on the Aberdeenshire Council website. What's going on? Ian Prise25.02.2013
- Monday just got 1000% better! Can't wait for the shop and tours. Brew Mecca. Captain Dirto25.02.2013