Name that Beer!
Poll: Name that Beer!
*Note - due to popular demand, we have changed the options available and reset the vote counter. So get voting. The beer will be going on tap at BrewDog Aberdeen tonight and the name with the most votes as of 7pm will be going straight from blog onto the Aberdeen draft chalkboard!
We have brewed a new limited edition beer, for our BrewDog bars and also for our online shop. The beer is a 7.8% Imperial Red Ale. Boasting 80 IBU, it is hopped with huge amounts of Chinook and Centennial in the kettle before being massively dry hopped with only Chinook, twice. Think of it as 5am Saint’s evil, bitter big brother. We also wanted to showcase Chinook and felt an Imperial Red Ale was the best stage for this awesome hop to really shine.
To make all this even better, we are going to let you guys choose the name for this limited release beer. Just vote for your favourite from the 3 choices above and you could be drinking a beer you helped name in a BrewDog bar near you this weekend.
You can invest in BrewDog at www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks
- Dirty Redhead! Daz16.09.2011
- In the spirit of post punk...
- Sulla's cream. J.Airley16.09.2011
- Jim Leighton IRA cstewart15.09.2011
- Rangas 'r Red fordie14.09.2011
- Dark and Nasty ♥ belladex14.09.2011
- 5pm Sinner then, hope to get some on Saturday in Edinburgh showell114.09.2011
- Heist still the best! mike14.09.2011
- "RED HOP CHINOOKY"? Anthony14.09.2011
- Better Red Than Head Juliastinx14.09.2011
- i believe the beer is better than the name candidates.
- 'Nazi Hops Phuq Hoff' or 'Too Hopped To Phuq'? Jonesian14.09.2011
- I liked my Big Red Chopper name (it's big, it's red and it has Chinook hops) but 5am Sinner is better William14.09.2011
- With the red style and hop choice, I'd go with "Chinooks and crannies" but of the ones available, 5pm sinner. More Roger 'moorish' than the original Saint~ JungleGregg14.09.2011
- IM GLAD 5 PM SINNER IS THERE NOW tacticalb14.09.2011
- 4am Repentance? i voted heist, i think the nazis and facists ones are going to start a whole 'thing' that will distract from the point of brewdog,which is good beer. (as much as i agree with the sentiment btw) PeleC14.09.2011
- My vote goes to 5pm Sinner. And may I suggest "Ginger Mata Hari" as alternative name... arequejo14.09.2011
- I don't know, I really think it should be called "Name That Beer"... RuntimeExceptio14.09.2011
- 5pm Sinner gets my vote EphemeralDog14.09.2011
- actually, i should have voted 5pm sinner! Stephanos14.09.2011
- get to tha chopper!!! mike14.09.2011
- You should call it Chopper, in reference to the Chinook chopper. Gareth14.09.2011
- The Red Skull, Captain Americas enemy, he has a red head, sort of ColB13.09.2011
- Gotta be Heist as what do hops have to do with Nazis (they always seem to get bad press, don't they??) and prototype x sounds too much like prototype 17 (which is a pish drink, bloody minging). arobertson13.09.2011
- I think the names rock!
- ...but if that's the 3 choices....Heist showell113.09.2011
- Think the choice of names is bawz. Red Alert seems more fitting of it's description,probably showell113.09.2011
- 5 PM SINNER HAS MY VOTE tacticalb13.09.2011
- Name "Those things that Gordon Ramsay always says..." Chiccheccosa?13.09.2011
- The names are crap. Really really crap.
F**ing bitter bastard is better.stravale13.09.2011
- What the chinook are those names? mike13.09.2011
- I like the question mark too.
can we call it question mark?Tim13.09.2011
- Hops kill nazis is a bullshit name. Iain Louden13.09.2011
- I like it the way it is with the big fuckin' question mark on it. Iain Louden13.09.2011
- 5pm Saint or 5pm Sinner Chris13.09.2011
- Three fingered dog sounded great, but if the vote counts, i'd have to go with Heist The dog13.09.2011
- Hops kills nazis sounds extremely "pushed", Prototype X is good but sounds sterotype... I have to go for Heist! lspinnars13.09.2011
- I agree that none of the 3 stand out. How about the Bitter End, seeing as though it's more bitter than 5am Saint's Evil? Could be the Bitter/sweet End to a night that's ending at 5am... jihane13.09.2011
- Hops kill Nazis?? really??? Damn thats bad
Heist is excellent tho, punchy!Josh13.09.2011
- I like Hops Kills Nazis. But Trainspotting RAle came to mind. The Beer Dawg13.09.2011
- Why not Eric? Bob113.09.2011
- Hops kill nazis for me.. My own suggestion would have been 'Hops Blood' J Bax13.09.2011
- one day I'd like to see one named after that :)
- When will this be available Rowan13.09.2011
- I could wear my SS officers hat and drinkk "Hops kill Nazis"...! :-) scottmcp13.09.2011
- Three fingered dog email@example.com
- I would've called it Viking Blood! Nate Dawg13.09.2011
- I would have suggested "BLOODHONEY" for this red ale! go on, you know you want to!! :) Freightliner13.09.2011
- Send some to port street beer house in Manchester please hoppilly13.09.2011
- Great Question mark James
- I love how BrewDog's detractors say they have been jumping the shark, for the past 2 years. And it never gets old.
Finlay - there are no statues erected to critics :)
- Waterskiing with Fonz Finlay13.09.2011
- 5am Saint is my favourite BrewDog Beer so can't wait for this one!
- Heist for me. I do like the other names too though.
- Hops Kill Nazis Eremita13.09.2011
- When will the bottles be on sale online?
Sounds ace! whatever it is called.Max13.09.2011
- Call it Atramentous HIlter.13.09.2011
- Heist! Bob13.09.2011
- if it's going to be as good as it sounds, call it
- all about Heist, you'll need someone to hold you up after a few!
- Hops Kill Nazis nt13.09.2011
- Hops Kill Nazis!!! Love it!
- Its going to be Hops Kill Nazis.
But personally i think thats a pretty bad name, makes it just sound gimmicky.
Heist is the best of a bad bunch tbh.HIlter.13.09.2011
- Hope you like the picture!
I cut out the question mark with a scissors and shot it myself.
It was kinda like Blue Peter.
- All the names suck. The beer however, sounds tasty. How's about Firehole or IRA? C Stewart13.09.2011
- 5am Sinner? ;) aparker13.09.2011
- dont much like the names you have suggested, as its a red ale how about " time of the month" harrystrill13.09.2011
- Heist! Hannah13.09.2011
- hops kill nazis - pretty infantile, do not like it, too much "freethinking" padre13.09.2011
- What about Ginger Ninja Tim13.09.2011
- Hops Kill Nazis! Puzzle13.09.2011
- Will this beer be coming to Finland?
- gotta be hops kill nazis. gotta be. aidanskinner13.09.2011
- Some cool names to choose from and really great that you let us decide the beer name!
Power to the people.
- Hops Kil Nazis would be the coolest beer name ever! It gets my vote.