San Diego Scotch Ale: Launches in all BrewDog Bars Wednesday 12th September
San Diego Scotch Ale - our Ballast Point Collaboration: Get your paws on some here: http://www.brewdog.com/product/san-diego-scotch-ale
Brew-Date: 16th November 2011
Location: BrewDog HQ, North East Scotland
The Team: Martin, James & Stewart (BrewDog) and Yusseff Cherney (Ballast Point)
The Beer: A San Diego Scotch Ale. OG 1090
The Hops: Challenger, First Gold, Amarillo
The Twist: This beer has been aged in whisky casks with raisins soaked in Ballast Point Rum (they were amazing!)
Stewart Bowman preparing the oak barrels with Yusseff and Bruce.
Let's create a new world order.
Tonight you raise the anchor, take to the seas and charter territories undiscovered by man or beast.
Destroy it all in your wake – the day job, the grind of normality, people’s cardboard cut-out expectations.
Make a beeline for those shimmering, swirling outstretched arms of the unknown and don’t look back.
You are San Salvador.
Navigating the putrid, snapping jaws of life’s great sea monsters on the way to discover your San Diego.
Skim across crests of white to the tune of your own sea shanty before land is finally in sight.
Then you capture and you conquer.
Take this world as your hostage because tonight, there's nothing they can fucking do about it.
Rum Soaked Raisins. Mmmmmmmm
Brewing with Yusseff from Ballast Point in November 2011.
Get your paws on some here: http://www.brewdog.com/product/san-diego-scotch-ale
We also have a great selection of guest bottles, including some gems from Alesmith which just arrived http://www.brewdog.com/shop/guest-beer
Wednesday 12th September Launch Events
We will be holding a launch event in all BrewDog Bars on Wednesday 12th September for San Diego Scotch Ale (in bottles) and White Noise on draft. The beers will be available from 7pm in all BrewDog bars this Wednesday.
White Noise is a White IPA; a tasty and innovative twist on a conventional india pale ale. An IPA brewed with plenty of wheat, fermented with a Belgian yeast with some coriander thrown in for good measure. Oh and this one has mountains of Moteuka hops. And then lots of dry hops too.
You'll notice the complex and punchy hop zing you've come to expect in an IPA, balanced with the extraordinary bright flavour of a wheat beer. This is just a very small one off batch so you will need to be quick to be able to try enjoy it.
Keep on rocking in the free world x james and the team
Posted in - brewdog-news
- Had some SDSA last night at launch. Really good, now a personal favourite. Spoon King13.09.2012
- I drink pints of Tennents Super Lager, only about six on a session, should i be drinking these out of small glasses. Europop11.09.2012
- Anarchist by the pint?! Really?! That is your gripe? You really are missing the point of these great beers aren't you? As to say, they aren't designed to be drunk by the pint. I thought we all knew that, right? OldSchool10.09.2012
- Anarchist Alchemist is a 14% beer. We do not sell this beer by the pint but by the 1/3 pint or 330ml bottle.
- Paying 15 quid and up for a pint ! . We are truly in the realm of the Douchebags. hellboy10.09.2012
- Whether or not you drink it by the pint, that is the cost. It was indeed excellent, but not appreciably better than Hardcore IPA, at a (very reasonable) Â£6 per pint. Wilson10.09.2012
- Anarchist isn't a beer to drink by the pint, its around 12-14%, as for the price it's high beer duty tax so of course it's going to cost more and it's limited availability AND the fact it tastes awesome!
I wouldn't be surprised if they served San Diego Scotch in 1/3rds with how strong it is. really looking forward to it!BrewDawwwg10.09.2012
- You paid £15 for a pint off beer ! fechin hell. Europop10.09.2012
- How much will they cost? I rushed to the Edinburgh bar to try Anarchist Alchemist on its launch night - Â£15 a pint seemed a bit steep. Wilson10.09.2012
- Really looking forward to the San Diego Scotch Ale - been looking forward to trying this for ages!
- Love the label and packaging here. Looks awesome. Just ordered mine.
Looking forward to trying the White Noise too!Mr T 10.09.2012