Sharks, Kegging Machines, Tweeting Pups & Richard Branson
Here are 6 random bits of BrewDog news. They are not necessarily connected. They could have each been an individual blog article. Maybe that makes this amazing article 6 times better than the usual beer & anarchy nonsense we post here. Or maybe not. You can judge.
UnderDog is officially rocking. Our ever so trendy, far too hip, ridiculously on trend and over the top ostentatious craft beer cocktail speakeasy is winning huge praise, accolades and reluctant adoration from everyone lucky enough to accidentally find it. Screw the hype, it is what is served in the glasses there that is truly amazing thanks to flavour wizard Roy and his team of mixologist vagabonds.
Metro decribed it as a ‘Double Must’, Rum & Reviews loved it and Pete Brown was blown away with our 'wonderful beer cocktails'. It is hidden in the basement of BrewDog Shoreditch. Go quick. Before it gets so popular that it can no longer even aspire to the illusion of cool.
2) More Brewery Pimping
You can never have too many brewery sharks. Ever. Here is our latest one courtesy of BrewDog Aberdeen's awesome Craig Fisher.
Work for us. We rock. Here are the roles we are currently hiring for http://www.brewdog.com/careers
4) Simcoe the hop pup on twitter
The latter half of 2012 was punctuated with a very sad moment in BrewDog history – the passing of Bracken. A gentleman dog who not only contributed to our namesake but willingly wore sailor suits, penguin suits and helped steer us in the right direction when it came to any high pressure decision.
What we didn’t realise was that Bracken had been quietly training up a four-pawed padawan – Simcoe. Now, in-between house training and nap time, Simcoe has taken up Bracken’s mantle and tweeting with paws is no exception. You can follow him on twitter here https://twitter.com/simcoebrewdog
5) Sunday Fast Track 100 List
We are officially the fastest growing food & drink company in the UK over the last 3 years according to the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 list. We are pretty much callously indifferent to that. What is cool though is that it has inadvertently earned us an invite to go hang out at Richard Branson’s house which perhaps takes us a step closer to achieving our lifelong ambition of drinking cans of Punk IPA in an airplane.
6) New bottling line & new kegging maching
We like them both. A lot.
- Thanks arobertson. I had missed the Brewdog Camden review in the Torygraph. Thankfully, it's still available on-line :-
Keep on hoppin' in the real world ....
Pete H., Nottm06.02.2013
- I see that there has been no mention of the review of Brewdog Camden from The Daily Telegraph (weekend section) from Saturday 26 January, which was an excellent article with the pub receiving very high praise indeed from the author. Did management miss that one? Definitely worth a mention in this blog! arobertson05.02.2013
- Sitting in underdog now. It is awesome M4RKM05.02.2013
- Some of those big ol' tanks of yours would benefit from a roll or 2 of nice wallpaper. Not woodchip. inges011605.02.2013
- fill 10 10cl bottles/cans so you can take 1 lt of punk ipa on the plane. I did it.
You can also create a new business selling a lot of samples to ppl like me who usually travel without luggages.Anon04.02.2013
- Be careful when visiting Richard Branson's house - don't let him get his hands on any part of the company - you'll end up as VirginDog or something!! Fanboy Puppy Lover04.02.2013
- Good to see BrewDog hiring for so many roles.
Pup A 04.02.2013
- loooooooove underdog beccy04.02.2013
- The shark on the tank is killer. Oh and simcoe's twitter rocks.
Mr T 04.02.2013