Student discount in UK BrewDog bars
After countless enquiries and a lot of thirsty students requesting we make it easier for them to get their paws on great craft beer, we are excited to officially announce that from today, we will be offering students a trial 15% discount on all food and drinks in all BrewDog bars in England on weekdays, Mon-Fri between 12-5pm.
Students are social creatures on a tight budget, anyone who's been one will know that all too well. Craft beer is not cheap to produce, and its price reflects that. These two truths mean that if you're a student who loves craft beer, the facts don't really work in your favour!
We will never cut corners on our beer or use inferior ingredients for the sake of making it cheaper, but we understand that students might want to enjoy great beer on a budget. That's why we've decided to cut all you students some slack and offer this discount to give you somewhere to enjoy amazing beer and food during the day with your friends.
We've now got bars in multiple University cities in the UK, and a total of 17 bars across the UK, so there'll be thousands of students who can get involved with this offer. Not only will the discount be pretty good news for hard working hop heads, but we also have free wifi in our bars, so you can hunker down with a beer and your books, and get away from the usual cramming haunts. We've also got great coffee as well as beers to perk you up and get those cogs whirring after an all-nighter, and there's plenty of food as well for a little sustenance (all also included in the student discount offer)
Cheers to students everywhere!
Posted in - brewdog-news
- It seems like theres a lot of hate for us poor old students getting a discount! There is nothing about this that isnt positive for both consumers and BrewDog alike. Theyre clearly trying to get more people into good brews, and theyve picked just about the most ideal age group to target.
Good on you, BrewDog.
A happy student.Happy Student01.09.2014
- Dear Angry Shareholder. Stop being so selfish. More, and possibly new, craft drinkers benefits us all. Herr Tubthumper01.09.2014
- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU London is expensive29.08.2014
- The bars are generally quiet during those times so its just a way to boost trade which as a shareholder you want to see. AleBeHonest hits the nail right on the head.
I invested before we had daytime discount in the bar (actually EFP1), its a perk thats been added overtime as the business grows. There are still loads more advantages to being an EFP.Notts EFP29.08.2014
- Dear angry shareholder,
Dont be a prick.
- If you invested in EFP for the discount, youre doing it wrong. The whole point was to give a kick-start to the different stage Brewdog went through. The discount was just an incentive.
- Well done BrewDog, love it. Tom in Nottingham28.08.2014
- Im no longer a student, but as a shareholder who cares about BrewDogs growth and opening up craft beer to those on a lighter budget, Im all for this.
Ive only been to a few of the bars, but Im guessing that 12-5 on weekdays is a quiet time, in which case its better to have people drinking at a little discount, than no extra money throug the tills.
Perfectly good business sense.AleBeHonest28.08.2014
- Unfortunately , like most people, I have a job. Strangely this job happens at 9 till 5 between Mon and Fri. Which means I cant take advantage of your generous day time drinking discounts for shareholders. This student discount is a slap in the face for us who have been there from the start and invested a great deal of money. I suppose you already have our money, time to move on to future generation. Not impressed. angry shareholder28.08.2014
- IP_88 - shareholders get 20% off 12-5pm on weekdays, when students get 15% :) The higher discount would apply for shareholders who are also students rather than both doubling up. BrewDogSarah28.08.2014
- 2 points: Why do students get 15% when equity punks dont receive as much discount in bars?
Secondly, as a student and equity punk, would i be able to use both discounts?
- Students should be working, not drinking. john smith28.08.2014
- I calculate that within 6.4 weeks I will have offset my tuition fees with these amazing savings. Pretty sure thats how it works. rumbletum_428.08.2014
- Get a bar in Southampton! Loads of thirsty students down here! :D Soton T28.08.2014