The 2012 BrewDog AGM
For our rock 'n roll, hardcore investors, our soon to be legendary AGM will be held on the 28th of April. This will also be our 5th Birthday.
The main venue will be the AECC in Aberdeen (details here http://www.aecc.co.uk/) and there will also be buses laid on taking people to visit the existing brewery in Fraserburgh and also to check on the progress of the new site at Ellon.
The AGM will formally kick off at 1pm and will include Business Talks (the formal AGM stuff) and a Q&A session with James and Martin, Beer Tastings, Cool Food, live & interactive brewing, the chance to buy some exclusive beers and an evening of beer and live music. Oh and our 5th Birthday party too.
Time: 1pm - 11pm - Meeting at the AECC
We also want to set the record for the most people ever to brew one batch of beer. So we will be brewing in Fraserburgh, and everyone who visits the brewery has to help in some way! Feel free to suggest what we should all brew together below.
We will be able to accomodate a +1 for everyone shareholder who wants to come too, because we love you all!
So we can properly plan the day, can everyone who is going to be attending please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your shareholder ID number and your name and also the name of your +1 (if applicable). Please only do this if you are actually going to attend, otherwise we will incur a lot of costs! Thanks for your help here - without accurate numbers it will be impossible for us to plan all the details.
You need to register before 19/2/12 to guarantee your place.
There will also be a very special shareholder only beer, only available to purchase at our AGM. Dog A anyone?
Musa (www.musaaberdeen.com) will also be open on Sunday 29th from 10am providing breakfast, lunch and more beer (if applicable).
And just some notes on a few procedural EFP points:
1) Share Certificates - Hopefully you now all have your share certificates. If you do not, please email Robert at Computershare Robert.Mole@computershare.co.uk who can help you out here.
2) EFP Cards - If you have registered and are waiting on your card, please bear with us. Angela is having to send 7,000 of these out, herself. She is doing a great job on it but there is a lot to get through. We did not expect this many people to invest! If you have not received your card within 28 days, please email Angela with your Photo and your ID number. But please wait until then to let her try and get them all out. We are doing it manually so it takes a long time. In the meantime, please just print your confirmation and you can use this to get the EFP discount at the bars.
3) Merch Packs - We are just waiting on the last few bits and pieces arriving so we can get these sent out to you guys. Some stuff is coming from overseas and taking longer than anticipated to get here.
In other news, our the License for BrewDog Leeds was turned down yesterday which sucks. We are deciding whether or not to appeal the decision.
Oh and we are working on some button badges, please let us know which one is your favourite!
- What's happened to the Brewdog bar on Portland Street in Manchester? Seems to have vanished from any plans announced?
Also - Beer Snob all the way and see you at the AGM!nkcharlton10.02.2012
- BEER SNOB. brilliant. at least 50% moustache. mr moustache10.02.2012
- Instead of beer snob, 'beer knob' with a picture of a penis with beer flowing from it and a man drinking the 'beer'? BenH09.02.2012
- Beer Snob all the way, would make a great T-shirt too CraigK09.02.2012
- i sent an email to email@example.com yesterday and haven't heard anything back. Should I expect a reply or assume all is good and book my hotel? BenH09.02.2012
- Craft Beer Junkie is best. It's more edgy, brew dog is meant to be about quality and excitement not snobbery or being geeky DavidH08.02.2012
- I'll be there - flights and hotel all booked!
As for the badges, I don't like the beer junkie one, the Beer Snob would be better with the "snob" above the 'tache and the "O" in snob turned into a monocle, and the slogan on the purple one doesn't read cleanly.
I like the idear for the "Beer Geek" one though.Andy Hawkes08.02.2012
- train from donny and hotel booked. POW Mr J08.02.2012
- Beer Snob bclarkesq08.02.2012
- The badges are great - will you offer them as a pack of individually?
- @gjohnson Yes - you need to register by 19/2/12 James, BrewDog08.02.2012
- I reckon you should definitely appeal the license decision. Otherwise my job application for the bar will have been completely pointless. fantasticmrfox2407.02.2012
- I vote for the purple and "Beer Snob" badges. HorstDraper07.02.2012
- Plane tickets bought, hotel booked, psyched out of my mind. Got my g/f her own shares for her birthday so she can be an investor and not just my +1. We can't find anyone who wants to take a 2 week holiday and join us as our +1s so we're each flying solo, but we're going together. But not as each others +1. Uh, lemme drink another Hardcore and think about how to clarify that.
- I do believe that my Flights and Hotel are Booked . . . Aberdeen BABY!! Fraserburgh BABY!!!
Badges - agree with below Beer Geek would be a good one or 'Beer Bore' and some zzzzz@MBMMChrysler07.02.2012
- Is there a deadline date for Shareholders to register for the AGM? gjohnson07.02.2012
- Can't wait for April, flights and hotel booked.
For the badges, BrewDog logo, Beer is for Punks and Beer Snob are awesome. The Beer Geek with glasses sounds like a grand one too.JonniSD07.02.2012
- Can we have Beer Geek instead of Beer Snob? We know we've got good taste in beer without having to spell it out to people... leithdave07.02.2012
- It would make sense to brew something in the 'continuously hopped' vein, so that each shareholder turning up during the boil can chuck some in! James H07.02.2012
- Beer Nobber is better than beer geek.
agree that we should stop bashing veggies. cannibals and roadkill eaters are also welcome as far as i am concerned.
or beer nobjockey?nobjockey07.02.2012
- Sell all those badges as a set. (Not badgers in a sett). Bigfoot07.02.2012
- Beer junkie appeals to my sense of wrongness!
- Beer Geek would be better than beer snob. Stephanos07.02.2012
- Badges: Standard beer for punks and brewdog logo ones are good, beer geek is better than beer snob as above, and the purple one plays up to the regrettable brewdog opinion that the UK brewing industry offers nothing, please just drop it.
Looking forward to the AGM though and I have faith that you guys are capable of humility :) All the best,joesalmon07.02.2012
- Plain Brewdog badge or Beer Snob.
See you at the AGM. Don't forget the veggie food for us awkward types.
Keep on Hoppin' in the real world .....Pete Howard, Nottm07.02.2012
- License rejected! Noooooooo.
They let anything else open in leeds. If you'd said you wanted to blast out crap music till 3 and fill it with cheap lager and slags they'd have let you have a license like every other bar close to there!DavidH07.02.2012
- How about a Dog's Skull with "Hop Angels"? Sonny Barger07.02.2012
- Yeah, Rogue have a whole commie thing going on with their revolution.
Glad to save you a law suit.. How's about a free brew...Cstewart07.02.2012
- Can't wait for the AGM - it will rock! Adrain07.02.2012
- We will ditch the fist one - did not know Rogue used a fist.
thanks for point this out.
Beer Snob is better anyway :)
- cant seem to find any details on the aecc website?! monkeyfuzz07.02.2012
and Bracken's Yanqui Cousin called Brewdog
- Agree Beer Geek would be better or, beer Queer..
The revolution looks like you stole it from the Rogue Beers Website....just sayin'..Cstewart07.02.2012
- Licensing application is here:
Looks like the council haven't updated it yet with their decision.Gaz07.02.2012
- the brewdog badge..the rest are rubbish xxxX07.02.2012
- It's not very punk, is it? EFP procedural points??? WTF!!! Throw away the rulebook dudes!! Where is the gaping anus badge? John Smith07.02.2012
- Beer Snob! I'd also like a Beer Geek one with a pair of geek specs instead of moustache please.
AGM looks amazing. My mates are all fighting over who gets to be my +1!Joseph07.02.2012
- Sucks about the licensing decision...is it a silly reason?
Looking forward to the AGM, I'll certainly be registering a plus 1. Any recommendation of where to stay in Aberdeen?Stephanos07.02.2012
- Beer Snob all the way Tom07.02.2012
- Badges = Beer for Punks, BD Badge and the Syringe look cool. Others look like you're trying too hard to be cool (surely BD could never do that?).
AGM - will you kindly lay on some sort of transport from the train station/city centre to the AECC? This would be greatly appreciated, especially given the less-than-bargainous local bus service.glasgow_red07.02.2012
- Bottle with a needle tip on the junkie one would be more apt. the beer snob is the best though Alastair07.02.2012
- Nice one. email sent, see you there! a_gnome07.02.2012
- Craft beer Junkie with a picture of a syringe, may be a little to contraversal even for Brewdog. A glass or a bottle in it's place would be ok. ianprise07.02.2012