The Great BrewDog Bar Hunt 2013
So we’ve rounded off the year with a perfect ten; from BrewDog Aberdeen to Birmingham we have set out to change the way people think about beer and to make as many people as crazy passionate about great craft beer as we are. We are looking to open a few more BrewDog bars in 2013 and this is where you come in.
We want you to help us find the location for the next BrewDog bar – and we are willing to pay for your help. This is treasure hunt meets Challenge Annika with a punk beer twist!
Our target cities for 2013 are:
- South London
- West London
However, we will happily consider submissions from other locations.
We are looking for you to help us scout out the perfect premise and, if we end up taking up your proposal will pay you £1,000 in cash and reward you with a lifetime discount at the new bar.
Tom Archer (below) who scouted our Bristol location recieving his cheque from James over a glass of Jackhammer in the bar he helped make happen, thanks dude!
- It needs to be currently on the market
- The venue needs to have previously been a bar and have both a cellar and a valid license
- We would consider properties available to buy or lease
- A reasonably small venue – 80-130 capacity
- A location with good footfall but not necessarily completely central. Anything slightly edgy and off pitch is cool with us
- Corner units are preferable but we will take all applications into consideration.
- Ideally 150-200 square meters in size
We would like the proposals to include:
1) A photo of the venue (a smart fine snap is fine)
2) Hopefully a schedule from the selling agent (this can usually be downloaded from the selling agent's website)
3) Some brief information on the location and why you think it would be a good location
4) Please email the proposals to james(at)brewdog.com - the deadline for submissions is January 20th.
All submissions we follow up will get an awesome case of beer for the effort.
Happy bar hunting scamps!
- I know the place I think Yuri Katunin24.12.2012
- Come on fans, instead of complaining that your town doesn't have a BrewDog bar yet - get off your bottoms and find a building!! Fanboy Puppy Lover24.12.2012
- Chester, yes - great beer scene, some very forwarding-thinking bars and breweries - you'll fit right in! sedmondson24.12.2012
- The restaurant for sale at £899k on this page might be worth looking at (Seven Dials area of Brighton) http://www.fleurets.com/pubs/pubs-for-sale-East-Sussex.asp
A little out of town (and up a hill), though. But has a nice terrace for the summer.
There are at least three good craft beer pubs in Brighton now. I'm not sure if adding another would dilute trade or increase it by making Brighton a bit of a craft beer destination.Bringbackchaostheory(again)23.12.2012
- £1000 in cash, Heres a cheque huh mico 23.12.2012
- Dundee!! SourSalty23.12.2012
- Those suggesting Chester are spot on. Cestrians are used to expensive beer so you'll thrive. This is a serious comment. Birkonian22.12.2012
- http://www.licensedtradeassociates.co.uk/pubs-for-sale-uk/pub55.php weezer6622.12.2012
- Chester! It sounds like an excellent addition to the craft beer loving city. furrylamp21.12.2012
- Damn, You don't have Breslau in Your list, what a shame. Bxious21.12.2012
- Brewdog in brighton would thrive, i honestly don't know why this hasn't happened already Capdown121.12.2012
- If you guys are ever scouting in the states (gonna happen sooner or later, eh?), the Boston/Cambridge area's got a great craft beer scene... somenerd21.12.2012
- What about Dundee?! Christopsy21.12.2012
- As long as you hit Sheffield (and maybe Cambridge too) I won't complain! jm40521.12.2012
- What about Brazil? We´re waiting for BrewDog here :D Tiago Fachini21.12.2012
- Here's another corner bar in Stirling: http://www.showcase.co.uk/property/1-Wallace-Street/Scotland/Stirling/8116303
It's actually the one closest to Tesco, was slightly mistaken with the last post.Fireish Ill21.12.2012
- I'll certainly put one together. TipsyWelshman21.12.2012
- Found a great one in Stirling, the old Albion Bar near Tesco:
- Awesome! I'm in the blog. :D tarcher21.12.2012
- Can't help you lads, Amsterdam is not in your target cities list. Maybe next year ;) ampburner121.12.2012
- "Our target cities for 2012 are:" should be "Our target cities for 2013 are:" right? ;) Patrik W.21.12.2012
- I have said it before and I'll say it again, CHESTER. A BrewDog bar with a tudor building style would look the (brew)Dog's Bollocks! MediaMan8521.12.2012