The Great BrewDog Bar Hunt is Back!
2013 has been a busy year for BrewDog so far, what with the new brewery officially opening in Ellon, plus our first international bar launching in Stockholm. In addition, we opened BrewDog Leeds in March, will be opening in Shepherd’s Bush next month and have started work on our Sheffield site, which is due to open early 2014. Phew! Not only that, but we also have a site in Liverpool that is in the planning stages.
But we’re not known for resting on our laurels and as such we are super keen to open another bunch of awesome craft beer havens across the UK. As well as opening more bars, we are also looking to open our first Bottle Dog shops, which will carry a huge range of beers from the best breweries from around the world, together with homebrewing equipment and ingredients. We’re really excited about the potential for our bars and shops and we want your help. That’s right, The Great BrewDog Bar Hunt is back!
We are looking for you to help us scout out the perfect premises and, if we end up taking up your proposal, we will pay you £1,000 in cash and reward you with a lifetime discount at the new bar!
Here are the criteria:
For all premises:
- It needs to be currently on the market
- We would consider properties available to buy or lease
- A valid licence is a bonus, but not essential
- A location with good footfall but not necessarily completely central. Anything slightly edgy and off pitch is cool with us!
Additional specific criteria for BrewDog Bars:
- The venue will ideally have previously been a bar and have both a cellar and a valid licence
- A reasonably small venue – 80-130 capacity
- Corner units are preferable but we will take all applications into consideration.
- Ideally 150-200 square meters in size
- Target Locations:
- The venue needs A1 or A3 planning
- Ideally 50-100 square meters in size
- Space for offices above or below would be ideal
- London only to start with – will consider anywhere within zones 1-3
- A3 or A4 planning is preferable
- Warehouse or Showroom space could work well with this one
- Ideally 300-600 square metres in size
- All locations considered within London
We would like the proposals to include:
1) A photo of the venue (a smart phone snap is fine)
2) Hopefully a schedule from the selling agent (this can usually be downloaded from the selling agent's website)
3) Some brief information on the location and why you think it would be a good location
4) Please email the proposals to jhickson(at)brewdog(dot)com . The deadline for submissions is January 20th 2014.
We will send a case of beer to anyone who sends us a lead that we follow up as a thank you for the effort.
Happy bar hunting scamps!
Posted in - brewdog-news
- Hi Guys,
How about reopening an old pub that used to be called The Feria on Bore Street in Lichfield, Staffordshire?asmith22501.11.2013
- Tunbridge Wells!!! James W30.10.2013
- What is this nonsense Im hearing about no plans for Dublin? Espen30.10.2013
- Prague. :)30.10.2013
- I second the idea for a BrewDog in the Netherlands. Amsterdam or Alkmaar would do really well. Stuntm4nMik329.10.2013
- Are you able to tell us whats created the delay on the Sheffield bar as it was said to be due open October/November but now not until 2014 Tpickering29.10.2013
- Not sure on sale/let situation but there is an empty corner unit in honor oak park se23 that used to be a resturant the old bank. Im almost certain it has a cellar. Right near train station/ overground station. Sizing sounds about right CPFC8929.10.2013
- Open one in the Faroe Ilands!
We need a REAL beer bar!!Eysturoy29.10.2013
- I think you need to rethink the size etc of the Aberdeen bar!
The flag ship bar is a lacking and small compared to its counterparts!Banksy28.10.2013
- For the love of beer, I must find somewhere in Cambridge!!!! beardy28.10.2013
- Come on guys, you are missing out by not setting up in dublin Rikky28.10.2013
- If you really want to branch out. Melbourne, Australia is right up your ally. The craft beer scene here is exploding. sebconn28.10.2013
- Please... we NEED a BrewDog Bar in Barcelona! Ozzman28.10.2013
- San Francisco! People would go nuts. James28.10.2013
- Oslo! Not a country (pr person) in the world that drink more micro Brew then Norway. So Oslo should definately be on the Soon to come list, especially since you have 1 in Stockholm! :) I will gladly try help to find a location.
Brew TomPunk Drinker28.10.2013
- I must find you a place in Vauxhall. That would be the best thing happening to Vauxhall after the opening of Dirty Burger. Vxl is on a roll! raul def28.10.2013
- I came here to suggest the old Shakespeares Head site in Leicester, but see someone has beaten me to it! Therefore, I second that suggestion and agree with the previous sentiments. jonnypd28.10.2013
- But of course, Helsinki, Finland. Jambom28.10.2013
- Perhaps OTT http://commercialsearch.savills.co.uk/property-detail/1869 Dkirk28.10.2013
- For those on the Dundee hunt, is the old Nicolls bar on Ward St still on the market? Might have to take a run into town to check.
- Tallys Bar in the Westport in Dundee is up for sale or lease via Belhaven. Huge potential,good foot fall and a very iconic bar with bags of history! Paul M28.10.2013
- Can you say where the Liverpool bar will be yet? DB Cooper28.10.2013
- The site of the old Shakespeares Head pub in Leicester would be perfect. Corner unit, strong beer drinking city, city centre location, a pub until very recently. Come to Leicester! RalphLub28.10.2013
- If you come to Cambridge, the best places to go would be Mill Road, King Street, or St Andrews St. AB28.10.2013
- Brighton would be a pefect City for you to set up in! Ash270328.10.2013
- Hi Guys , Have you given any thought to Holland ? Im sure I can find you the right location and staff .
- Sorry - I should have actually read your entire article - I am now brimming from ear to ear to hear that youre on your way to Liverpool! I shall definitely be there at the opening - so Ill keep my eye on the website/Facebook page.
Thanks guys - you wtstockucg28.10.2013
- How about Dublin? Anfearbui28.10.2013
- Dublin is crying out for a BrewDog bar. Give Ireland some love! :) Aaron28.10.2013
- Just come to Italy with your fucking bars! Ave28.10.2013
- Last year you were looking at a place on Duke Street, Liverpool - but I noticed that Liverpool isnt on your list - it definitely should be! Liverpool has a fantastic brewing heritage and must have one of the largest numbers of independent pubs per square tstockucg28.10.2013
- On the Dundee hunt too ! Peter V28.10.2013
- You guys should consider opening a bar in Amsterdam...Ill scout the location for you! (As close to my home as possible :) Moris28.10.2013
- Some venues I know of in Inverness HamishM28.10.2013
- Im going to start searching in Dundee straightaway! ben mcf28.10.2013
- Great idea. So many craft beer fans around, it just makes sense to harness all those eyes and ears. Another great bit of crowdsourcing. CharlieA28.10.2013