UnderDog's Unnamed Cocktail
Psst. Guess what? We’ve got a killer new cocktail menu launching at our super secret, totally secluded, nobody-knows-about-it speakeasy, which is located in the basement of BrewDog Shored-……Ah DAMMIT! Well, now you know I guess. Just don’t tell anyone. Anyway, we’ve got some delicious new drinks launching, and here’s a sneak preview of what’s in store.
We’re also looking for your helping hand with one of them, which we’re just totally stuck for a name for! Have a read of the delicious new range and leave your suggestions for the name of the final cocktail in the comments section.
Name: The Bitter End
Dead Pony Club
Sipmith sloe gin
Antica formula vermouth
Style: It’s based on the style of an aperitif, so if you’re a Negroni fan you will love this!
Characteristics: As the name suggests, this drink has a lovely sweet start with a very bitter end. This comes with a few redcurrants to add an extra element of dryness, which works well with the Dead Pony Club, and they embody what the cocktail is; super sweet but beautifully bitter!
Name: French Morning
Bison grass Vodka
Style: This is similar to a French martini, so it’s perfect for any wannabe James Bonds.
Characteristics: 5AM Saint, being an amber ale, deepens the flavor and gives it loads more body than a standard Martini. It’s also pretty sweet so it’s awesome if you’re partial to a sugary treat, and it’s a light, easy to drink cocktail that refreshes the palette.
Name: Fat Russian
Cocoa Psycho reduction
Crème de Cassis
Style: This is our take on a white Russian, but instead of using Kahlua, we use Cocoa Psycho, which is a Russian Imperial Stout. Stout? Fat? Get it?
Characteristics: This drink is lightly stirred and made in the glass instead of being shaken. It’s fairly heavy as it’s so creamy, so it’s a good mid-evening cocktail. The Crème de Cassis softens the whole texture and brings it together. This is served with a naughty little chocolatey treat on the side, as if it wasn’t decadent enough already.
Style: This is a badass Bloody Mary. Pure and simple.
Characteristics: The trick with a Bloody Mary is to roll it, not shake it as the tomato juice will lighten and get too pink if it’s moved too vigorously. We add Hardcore IPA to this to really give it an extra kick, and then stick some hot chipotle tobacco in for more heat. Then a crack of black pepper. Then we add a whole chilli at the end. We like heat.
Name: [YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE!]
Pineapple smoked with hickory
Style: This is the perfect drink for the Margerita lover! It’s a super summery Mexican style drink, so if you love Caipirinhas, mojitos or Mezcal, this is the drink for you.
Characteristics: There’s loads going on here. We smoke our pineapple fresh on the premises, which gives it a lovely smokey, peppery flavor that melds with the Mezcal. The Schneider Weisse adds creaminess and a banana-yness, making it even more tropical and summery! Fruity, smoky, peppery, gorgeous.
But it needs a name!
If you’ve got the perfect title for our beer-infused take on a Mexican Margerita, leave it below and we’ll pick a winner before we publish the menu!
- Messy Mexican bradleyfelix12.03.2013
- "Yellow Peril" ex2chris12.03.2013
- Margarita Punk-iña (Piña = Pineapple) BetBetBet11.03.2013
- Margerita Von Wolfgang shekluv11.03.2013
- "Gringo Gerry" - playing nicely to its Mexican roots but a hefty reliance on a German beer. David G10.03.2013
- "Chief Brody"
- (Lock, Stock & 2) Smokin' bananas
- Gary Saladcream Deg09.03.2013
- Smoke Grenade Puzz09.03.2013
- The Ostentatious Baguette. Geoff Biscuits08.03.2013
- This isna the Broch ken! Anhamast08.03.2013
- "DAS RAUCHEN BANDITO"
the smokin banditMikeC08.03.2013
- Maximón Blunderence -- (pronounced maa-shee-MOHn) eyezat08.03.2013
- spice cowboy or el nina de pina minkyM08.03.2013
- Blanco de Verano AndyC08.03.2013
- Mein Gringo johncolemanuk08.03.2013
- Pastor alemán (German shepherd) tavallai08.03.2013
- How's about My Smokin Pinenipples Danny O'Revey08.03.2013
- "Mexgerita" DH08.03.2013
- The Smoking Chilango wainwj08.03.2013
- perro día Tom Johnson08.03.2013
- Sweet Salsa Weisse Marius08.03.2013
- Boss Sombrero! MKC08.03.2013
- "Olé Smoke" Brian Hughson08.03.2013
- Guerilla warfare. Todd Philips08.03.2013
- Dia blanco as its made with weise beer an that means white shasmo08.03.2013
- Cute little Mexican midget Mikkos08.03.2013
- How about 'Agave Maria' ? Kenny B08.03.2013
- The Nagual
The term "nagual" has been used by anthropologists to mean a shaman or sorcerer who claims to be able to change into an animal form, or to metaphorically "shift" into another form through magic rituals, shamanism and experiences with psychoactive drugsecoelf08.03.2013
- Here's some:
Loco in Acapulco
Smokin' BanditPaul North08.03.2013
- The Pineapple MEX-press MediaMan198508.03.2013
- South American Cesspit!
- el chupacabra! acrowson08.03.2013
- I'd like "Smokey Schnider" depending on how smoked the pineapple is.
"Basement Marjorie" is another.Bjocken08.03.2013
- Corey Feldman Lazo08.03.2013
- 'High plains drifter'
- Hickory Hop:) sloppysameat08.03.2013
- Chihuahua Nipple Al_Bino08.03.2013
- perro de fumar ( Smoking dog ) Tommo2sauce08.03.2013
- "EL BANDITO" DH08.03.2013
- I have LOADS of suggestions!
"Acapulco Heat" is one of them..
another one is "Ilegal Immigrant" (that's the Schneider Weisse).
cheers. good luck. Great, now I'm thirsty.
- La Piña Espinosa - The Spiny Pineapple or literally the pineapple protected by spikes/thorns... on account of the Mezcal. Bluemoon8208.03.2013
- Hijo de puta ( son of a bitch ) Tommo2sauce08.03.2013
- the mayan prophecy tc08.03.2013
- Trippin' Pinapples (a pinapple that's "smoked" a little too much ;-))
- Piñata Dimus08.03.2013
- El Chupacabra? Crispy_Arse08.03.2013
- 'Mayan Mash' or 'Peppered Aztec' whittywhitters08.03.2013
- Simply this...
- New Mexico BC08.03.2013
- Donde Esta My Mind? Dan Close08.03.2013
- Flatulant and feckless? J Clarkson08.03.2013
- Bracken's Revenge dudebhoy08.03.2013
- The Snide Mexican
I can probably do better than this.Dan Close08.03.2013
- Mexican Invaders
- "Piña para la niña", a phrase that is well said since elementary school whenever you offer a fruit to a girl here in México. @ckloro08.03.2013
- The Pineapple MEX-press MediaMan198508.03.2013
- Smokin' white mexican easyplastic08.03.2013
- "Business End" Bob Tilford08.03.2013
- 'Día de Muertos' (day of the dead) if it's a Mexican Margerita? Beerfandanny08.03.2013
- Ai Chihuahua. Lucky08.03.2013
- How about "Sass Pit"? Sam Fidler08.03.2013
- Tropical Gringo! MediaMan198508.03.2013
- Gun Smokin' Bandit! MediaMan198508.03.2013
- I guess Speedy Gonz-Ales might be a bit obvious....
'D'ya wanna?' - sounds like Tijuana
Ariba Ariba Andale Underdog
- I suggest "Speedy Gonzales" ...hmm? :) Kesz08.03.2013