Welcome to the world of Monhopoly
We promised you that 2012 would be yet another year of surprises, product launches and awesome developments for BrewDog. Well, we may only be a week into the new year but we wanted to make sure we stuck to our word and here it is – beer based board games.
We first got our paws dirty in the world of board games when we brought you BrewDog scrabble but we think you’ll agree that Monhopoly takes things to an entirely new level.
This ‘fast-dealing brewery trading game’ allows anyone who has ever dreamed of becoming a craft brewery tycoon the chance to buy up some of our favourite names from Dogfish Head to Stone Brewing Co, Three Floyds to Dark Star, Nogne O to Anchor Brewing.
It’s not all fun and games sadly, as this beery version features a £100 pirate tax and the dreaded £200 Beer Duty as well.
You can still snag yourself a cheeky £200 worth of BrewDog beer bucks when you’re back in the game and passing the BrewDog brewery.
Gamers will also enjoy an amplified level of questionable chat from the other Chance cards in the deck that include highlights such as ‘Sued by animal rights activist over latest video blog. Pay £50 for lawyer to tell her: Chill out, love’ and, of course, ‘Bracken’s grooming fees. Pay £50’.
Another Chance card reads 'You have inspired a twitter parody account. Collect £100 in recognition of being kind of a big deal'.
Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee a date when Monhopoly will be hitting the shelves of all good toy stores across the country. We invited the people who make Monopoly round for a beer but they declined to comment.
In the meantime, for everyone who wants to own a brewery, hopefully you managed to snap up some Equity for Punks shares.
- This was actually what I got from Santa this year :) BrewDog James09.01.2012
- I would buy one too! BrewDog Board games :)
Can we have pop up bowman?Sarah09.01.2012
- Maybe we should have a game of giant Monhopoly at the AGM?
- Looks awesome.
Sure Monhopoly and a 4 pack of Punk cans would make for an great night in!
And I want to be the banker!
- This is wicked. I totally want one. You should sell them online, or at least have them in your bars.
The owl bottle cap is soooo cute.
- Woah, this rocks. I want one! Nat09.01.2012
- Awesome! Say no more. Markus09.01.2012
- Inspired writing. Considered brewing a punked Eurolager, perhaps called Olighopoly, as a small poke (have heard stabbing is bad) at the market situation?
- Love it.
And anyone that takes this seriously needs to reconsider their life choices (ie Justin!)
- It is quite funny though ... The tongue is firmly in cheek here I'm sure @mbmmchrysler09.01.2012