Work starts on the New Brewery
Work has now started on our new brewery. With an irrational level of excitement, Martin and James donned hard hats and hi-vis vests and decided to help with the work.
The £7.5m project is partly funded by the people who drink our beer through Equity for Punks. The 3500m2 building is due to be completed in late June.
James tries to hi-jack a truck.
Martin has more success with a digger.
View from the back of the site.
We also own the adjacent field here – a total of 3.6 acres. Initially we will only develop one of them, leaving the adjacent one as a field until we need extra space at which point we will develop it, meaning we have loads of room to grow at the new location.
The new state of the art BrewDog craft brewery will create 25 new jobs immediately, rising to over 75 during the next five years.
These images show the actual configuration of our actual new brew-house. a 4 vessel 100HL system.
- We need some of these guys on this job:
- Will there be a "brewery warming" later in the year then perhaps? :) How about en Equity-Punk brew-day in the shiny new facility?
(Sadly, likely can't make the April AGM due to all colours of other irritating shit going on.)Yvan03.03.2012
- Looking forward to checking on progress at the AGM Adrian M02.03.2012
- Can't wait to see the new brewery when it's finished. Davidsmmrs4501.03.2012
- James, you should always salute with the right hand and not left, and your heels should be together, not cross-legged in a very camp sort of way.....seriously though well done to all concerned. arobertson01.03.2012
- Late June? Blimey, that's quick! When do we expect production to start? leithdave01.03.2012
- this is awesome!
- Will there be a shop as part of the new brewery where we can come and buy beers? Chris R01.03.2012
- That's great!
The digged ground should be used in a new brew I think.Yuri Orm Katunin01.03.2012
- Awesome! raph01.03.2012
- Don't forget to make room for the equipment to fill casks....... phanson01.03.2012
- There better be a serious party when this opens. G01.03.2012
- Yous still putting up wind turbines and that? callum01.03.2012
- u guys are awesome, good luck!! Jeppe01.03.2012
- I'm surprised they let you two muppets anywhere near heavy plant. Looks very exciting. excited01.03.2012