Back in 2007 BrewDog kick-started the craft beer revolution in the UK. Our mission has always been to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are. Something we live or die by every day. And Punk IPA is the beer that spearheaded our assault.
Along the way we have courted controversy and done some crazy shit. But always with a purpose. We have sparked debate. Our humorous and edgy tone of voice, stunts and visual identity have created a brand personality that is instantly recognisable. We started exporting to Japan in 2012 and opened a great bar in Roppongi in 2014.
Fast forward to 2017, this spiky tropical renegade has established a good position in Japan but we think we can do much more - that’s where you come in. We’re on the hunt for someone who can help us connect with the Japanese consumer and trade, primarily through social media and events that really bring Brewdog to life for them.
Our Japan Marketing Activator would be tasked with developing our brand position to be right for Japan, ensuring relevance in the market and synergy with amazing events and brand partnerships, working with the International team and the distributor to decide which of our awesome brand assets are right to support the distributor sales team, and producing or adapting amazing social media content to create engagement and a memorable experience of our world-class craft beer. Ultimately your challenge will be to help us change the face of beer in Japan forever.
This role sits in Japan reporting to the North Asia regional manager, and works in close conjunction with the wider marketing team and our local distributor.
- Work with the International Marketing Manager, and the Asia team to Develop BrewDog’s strategy for Japan, to achieve consumer engagement with an understanding of the Brand, products and our mission to make everyone as passionate about great beer as we are.
- Project Manage marketing initiatives working across media, consumer and trade platforms
- Develop and execute events which put Brewdog front and centre in the world of craft beer in Japan
- Realise awesome consumer experiences, events and partnerships that fuel the beer revolution in Japan
- Run with kick ass trial initiatives that put fresh, unbelievably tasty beer in hands of the unconverted, in utterly engaging ways
- Work collaboratively on sales and marketing projects for the greater good of the BrewDog Mothership
- Support the development of brand assets and campaign materials that are right for Japan
- Conduct regular review and analysis of BrewDog’s position
- Work closely and unfalteringly with our distributors, building their competencies and brand understanding.
- 3- 4 years marketing experience brand or agency-side in Japan
- An ability to motivate 3rd party teams and yet work independently
- An uncompromising and fearless project manager
- Pragmatic developer of creative, unconventional concepts with applied marketing methodology
- Socially (media) astute
- Simultaneously proactive and highly responsive
- Highly organised and analytical with attention to detail
- Results driven jedi with a keen eye for analysis and review
- A strong desire to learn obsessively and share evangelically with the wider team
- Undeniable passion for beer
- Fluent Japanese and English
JapanBack to jobs listings