BrewDog has just started packaging our incredible Columbus brewed beers & now it's time for our teams to grow! We have a 200hl 5 vessel German built brewhouse, but this is just the start for our Columbus site. We have a small pilot kit & a sour beer facility being built as we speak, there is not another brewery in the US that's going to grow as quickly as BrewDog Columbus.
We’re looking for a consistent and experienced Brewer to join our motley crew and get elbow deep in hops, malt & yeast as they play a part in brewing and developing our epic range of craft beer. In this role, you will work as part of a small team of experienced & genuinely incredible brewers.
As a Brewer, you will work closely to ensure epic craft beers are brewed according to our strict specifications in good time. You will be a great listener with a keen eye for detail and a willingness to learn. Quite frankly, brewing isn’t just your job, it’s your passion, and you’ll have a great interest in recipe design and brewing process development. Ideally, you will be proficient in all aspects of the brewing process - from automated brew house operation through to cold block, yeast, and filtration management. We do expect you to come armed with proven prowess in most aspects of the brewing production process, this is not an entry level role.
Due to the incredible growth we're experiencing at BrewDog, all positions in brewing come with fantastic opportunities for career progression and personal development. We are also happy to support relocation right Brewer.
- Being a proactive member of a small team of 5-6 Brewers working varied shifts and hours all days of the week, you know yeast doesn’t really sleep, and an engaged member of our brewing department, ensuring production schedules and quality requirements are always met.
- Overseeing all aspects of process brewing, from fermentation to maturation and filtration, documenting relevant data and ensuring this information is concisely and clearly collected and analysed.
- Contributing in shift hand over, passing over all necessary information to the next Brewers on shift to ensure a smooth transition between shifts.
- Involvement in recipe design and process development, following instructions and carrying out necessary tasks to meet production targets.
- Ensuring clear channels of communication with senior staff in our packaging and lab departments to guarantee the quality and consistency of our beers, troubleshooting and remeding problems should they arise.
- Performing sanitation task safely and efficiently. Cleaning better be your passion.
- Conducting quality testing from cell counts to ABV checks.
- University degree in Chemistry, Brewing, Distilling or another relevant field.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a brewing role or one year on highly automated brewery
- You must love craft beer with every fiber of your being.
- Basic lab skills will make our pulse race.
Columbus, OhioBack to jobs listings