The Commercial Finance Manager will be the key link between our Finance and Sales teams, providing accurate and up to data analysis on profitability, expenditure and the sales performance of our beers by brand and SKU in multiple channels and across diverse markets. With an extraordinary head for figures and a keen eye for detail, our Commercial Finance Manager will translate raw data into insightful reports which breakdown our sales performance into brand, SKU, channel and market, helping to inform our Sales strategy on multiple levels.
In an increasingly important role here at BrewDog, the Commercial Finance Manager will review our current practices and reporting models to ensure we are getting as much information as possible from our data, developing and implementing reporting systems to inform the decisions made by our Sales team.
Great at building relationships, the Commercial Finance Manager will work to understand the challenges our sales team members face across their customer base to ensure that reports and recommendations are informed and responsive. They will be the first point of contact in the Finance team for our Sales team, able to provide up to date analysis of the key drivers of business performance. The Commercial Finance Manager will lead the financial planning which underpins our Sales strategies, challenging current practices with a view to nailing our targets whilst ensuring our customers are happy and our products optimally positioned in their markets.
- Act as first point of contact on commercial finance decisions which impact on current profitability
- Analysing spend and ROI on key products and SKUs in various market places, as well as the specific impact of marketing projects, launch of new products and brand extensions
- Understanding the key drivers of business performance and supporting the commercial finance agenda of our sales teams
- Developing and maintaining robust commercial controls which will inform strategic sales decisions
- Supporting UK and International Sales Directors and challenging the sales teams on the development and execution of their plans
- Investigating the effectiveness of pricing and promotional investments including pre and post evaluation, monitoring compliance and execution and ensuring rigorous accrual management
- Assisting with strategic sales projects and investigations
- Leading the sales teams through all Finance led business processes including preparation of annual Sales Budget and ongoing Sales Forecasts
- Owning, developing and critically analysing our sales performance throughout the year against agreed KPIs
- Coaching the Sales teams in the development of their financial awareness and commercial impact of strategic sales decision
- Regular reporting of UK and International Sales, volumes and profitability
- Setting product prices for Bars, UK On Trade and Off trade customers, Online and Export channels
- Experienced Qualified Accountant with strong analytical skills
Previous Commercial experience in a FMCG environment including:
Knowledge of trade terms and discount/pricing structures
Proven track record in financial analysis & interpretation skills
Planning & Budgeting experience
Ability to work effectively in a fast moving and changing organisation
Strong influencing skills
EllonBack to jobs listings