BREWDOG BARS UPDATE
September is nearly upon us, and with summer on the wane we figured we should update you all on our network of BrewDog Bars, both at home and abroad. Already this year we have rocked the opening of bars including Seven Dials, Tower Hill and Angel in London, Lothian Road in Edinburgh and Franklinton, Norrköping and our Outpost Itaewon overseas, amongst others.
But if you live in any of the places listed below, things are about to get a lot more interesting…
New UK BrewDog Bars
- Canary Wharf – We revealed plans for our latest London Bar back in July and work is going great guns on the Isle of Dogs. We are on course to be open there in October!
- Perth – We have uncovered a killer location in the Gateway to the Highlands and will open in October on George Street, in a corner unit overlooking the Concert Hall and Museum.
- Brixton – Yards from its Station and the famous market, we are bringing BrewDog to Brixton. We have a site on Coldharbour Lane and hope to open up there in November.
- Carlisle – At the other end of the country, and also close to its Station, we have squared away a site on Botchergate for our most northerly BrewDog Bar in England! Open late 2018.
- Inverurie – We are on track for two new Bars within half an hour of Ellon. First up, Market Place in the centre of Inverurie, which will hopefully be open before Christmas.
- Peterhead – Our fifth bar for Aberdeenshire is set to be on Marischal Street in Peterhead, a short hop from the harbour. Again we hope to be open here before the year is out!
- Manchester Outpost – Back in England we are set for our second Outpost BrewPub, scheduled to open in December on University Green, Oxford Road. Be excited for this one.
- Edinburgh Airport – Our first airport location is still on track and will be ready and waiting airside at Scotland’s busiest airport as soon as we can get everything squared away.
- Hull – Where the river of the same name peels away from the Humber we have a great location midway between the High Street and Market Place for BrewDog Hull. Coming next year!
- Dalston – When we get the bit between our teeth, we won’t let go. The original BrewDog Dalston fell through but we have a second iron in the fire and this bar will be amazing. We promise.
New International BrewDog Bars
- Cincinnati – As revealed at our recent #PunkAGMUSA2018, our next arrival in Ohio is for the Queen City as we are ready to open BrewDog Cincinnati very soon.
- Indianapolis – Staying in the US we are crossing State Lines into Indiana. We are in late stages of negotiation to open up in the home of the Brickyard and Indy 500.
- Paris – It seems like forever since we first tried to unveil BrewDog Paris but we are close to not one, but two, bars in the city and we cannot wait to bring more of the detail to you!
- Berlin – Our Bar in Mitte is going great guns, so we are upping the ante in the German capital. Like its European sister city we are close to opening two more BrewDog Bars for Berlin.
- Hamburg – We are super close to making an announcement on a killer location for our first BrewDog bar in Hamburg also. Stay tuned!
- Toronto – We have many supporters in Canada so this news is especially awesome. For some time we have wanted a bar there and are readying BrewDog Toronto to arrive very soon!
- Reykjavik – There’s nowhere quite like the Icelandic capital and in true BrewDog style we are psyched to have plans to bring our beer to the people of the land of fire and ice.
- Tampere – Finland’s second city, 100 miles north of Helsinki, will soon be home to another Nordic BrewDog Bar, perfect for the thousands of Finns who have supported us since day one.
- Budapest – The Hungarian capital has it all, except – at the moment – a BrewDog Bar. That will all change as we have a location sourced for the city of two halves on the Danube.
Refurbishment of current BrewDog Bars
Nothing is set in stone, even buildings that are constructed from it. We always look to make improvements and updates on bars we have opened, whether it is making better use of the space, adding more seating, lighting or toilets, or updating the cellar and dispense systems. We have already keyed in new looks for Cardiff, Camden and Clapham Junction recently and in the next few weeks will do the same for BrewDogs Bristol and Dundee. Plus, in October we will be closing DogTap to give the interior of our much loved brewery tap a full makeover!
Speaking of dispense systems, for some time we have been looking at the way in which our beer gets to you from the keg. We are rolling out more direct-draw systems in our bars such as the recently opened BrewDog Milton Keynes. With a shorter distance for the beer to travel and fewer components along the way, this ensures no fluctuation of temperature from the chilled and heavily insulated 4°C cellar. Our US-made Micro Matic dispense gear is brilliantly designed and ensures the perfect serve of craft beer maintained at a perfect serving temperature.
Our annual collaborative beer festival is set to roll around again, due to take place from Thursday October 18th to Sunday October 21st. Yes, 2018’s CollabFest is set to take place over FOUR days. We have added an extra day for a simple reason – for this year the festival has gone global and will include every BrewDog Bar on the planet.
Every BrewDog Bar crew has (or will) team up with a brewery near and dear to them and brew a beer of their choice. Our non-European bars will be serving it up for the weekend; our UK and European BrewDog Bars will be sharing that beer with all of the other bars across the continent. This means, for instance, that each of our UK BrewDog Bars will be pouring up to FIFTY beers in four days. No that’s not a typo.
We will go into more depth on these things in other blog posts, but we are also rocking a world record 59 Certified Cicerones on our bar crews, with a first-time pass rate more than double the Cicerone average – all to give you guys the best standard of service and advice. We are also still rocking Vegan Mondays and will soon be offering Festive Bookings (there’s no escaping it) as well as Student Discounts (check the blog next week). Plus we are psyched to be bringing more OverWorks Beer and Hawkes Cider to our bars, as well as new LoneWolf Elevated Serves. Look out for the Wolf’s Bane, Singular Truth and other epic serves appearing in your local BrewDog Bar very soon.
There is more to come in addition to all of this of course – our bars team are negotiating on some amazing projects in addition to the above, so stand by for a few surprises before the year is out! With our bar sales forecast to end 2018 at over 100% growth on last year we are more committed than ever to drive to get as much awesome craft beer into the hands of the people as possible.
As ever, if you have a location you think we should arrive into or an aspect of our BrewDog Bars you’d like to add on, just let us know in the comments below!