Our eighth-annual Punk AGM is in the books, and what a day it was last Saturday at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre. It doesn’t seem like almost a week has passed since then, but there you go – having a party attended by 7,000 people will do that to you. We had an amazing time hosting our legion of Equity Punks in the sunshine so it is time for a quick rundown of what when on at the UK’s largest Annual General Meeting!
With the support of our shareholders, we have achieved a huge amount since our last AGM:-
- Brewed 290,000HL of craft beer and dialled in new breweries in Ellon and Columbus
- Shipped 65 million bottles of BrewDog beer to our customers around the world
- Grown our incredible team of people to over 760
- Opened eight new BrewDog bars around the world
- Broken into the Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for
- Developed and launched LoneWolf Spirits
- Set world records for equity crowdfunding and consecutive years in the Fast Track 100
- Introduced an employee profit sharing scheme (codename: The Unicorn Fund) and Pawternity Leave across our company
The 7,000 shareholders and their +1’s took their seats with beers in hand to listen to the lowdown from James and Martin on these facts and more, and exactly how we are going to blow up our tenth anniversary as part of our Decade of Dog. We are compiling an AGM Announcements blog post for next week to drill down into these details for anyone who wasn’t at the AECC last Saturday – so check back to the blog next week for all the info!
As a summary in the meantime these announcements all return to the twin pillars that underpin BrewDog – our Beer and our People. The focus on quality, freshness and experimentation and the investment in our crew, beer training and staff perks like the Unicorn Fund and health care are the focal points of our entire company. All of the cool stuff we have planned for 2017 and beyond will still revolve around these two things – and that will never change.
With the AGM business update concluded our Equity Punks spent the rest of the day (and night) enjoying the music, beer and food at the AECC. We launched six new beers that our shareholders got to taste before anyone else – the latest Born to Die, Blitz and our 8th anniversary beer Dog F plus the super-rare Original Trilogy beers; three of the first brews on our Fraserburgh kit – original recipe Punk IPA, The Physics (which became 5AM Saint) and our first ever lager Hop Rocker. Plus we had kick-ass beer and talks from the likes of Wicked Weed, Wild Beer Co, Buxton, Rhinegeist and more!
Our assembled investors got down to some seriously amazing music, led by an epic set from the Stranglers and rocking out to Twin Atlantic, Sundara Karma, Clean Cut Kid, Black Honey, SuperGlu and The Bellybuttons. With brand new merch to pick up, board games to play and racks of ribs to eat in the sunshine outside, it was one heck of a party and very definitely the best PunkAGM to date. Thanks to everyone who made it what it was and enabled these incredible stats to be smashed…
- 62,500 pints of craft beer poured
- 10,360 LoneWolf gins and vodkas garnished and served
- £2,000 raised for BrewGooder
- 300 BrewDog crew members working (thanks to each and every one of you)
- 70+ different beers on offer
- 21 tasting sessions
- 11 bars
- 7 kilos of mint used at the LoneWolf stand
- 1 epic AGM.