Abbie the surfing (Brew)Dog
An update from our favourite aquatic canine!
As far as sponsorship deals go, we're not really the type to go in for mega big name festival six-figure sums or touring with U2, but when something totally awesome and a little bit different lands in our laps, we are the first to get involved. That's what happened when Abbie the surfing dog got in touch a few years ago, and we thought it was high time she got a little exposure on our blog. So! Here's what our favourite aquatic canine has been up to for the past 12 months:
She has come out on top at the following events, which we really wish we had a season ticket to:
- 1st - Loews Dog Surf, Coronado, CA
- 2nd - Helen Woodward, San Diego, CA
- 1st - Surf City, Huntington Beach, CA
- 1st - Florida International Dog Surf (perfect score), Cocoa Beach, FL
- the first dog to surf and win competitions on BOTH U.S. coasts
- the most medalled and longest competing surfing dog at 6 years. And I think we all know what a competitive field this is!
- filmed a TV pilot episode with Former Ms California, in which Abbie teaches Ms California's dogs how to surf. I wonder how long @SimcoeBrewDog would manage to concentrate on that...
- Guinness World Record mentions
- Appearances in Ripley's Believe it or Not
And this year, she will be...
- participating in dog surfing competitions in Texas and Florida.
- planning to release dog aquatic equipment
What other awesomely niche and talented types should we sponsor? Are you a juggling hamster? A unicycling gorilla? A blind porcupine holding the world record for number of hops on a bouncy castle in under 1 minute? Bring forth your links and we'll consider each and every single one.
Follow Abbie on Instagram here
Follow Abbie on Facebook here