Equity for Punks Questions and Answers
Some quick fire EFP questions…
Some quick fire EFP questions…
Have you got your paws on your very own Equity for Punks share yet?
BrewDog appreciates that a lifetime discount, an awesome membership card and a golden ticket to our craft beer-fueled AGM is a big responsibility. A responsibility too weighty for some, perhaps.
Here are some of the questions we have been asked on Equity for Punks and the hopefully enlightening answers!
1) I live in Italy, can I still invest?
Yes, anyone can now invest! The website has just been fixed to make it easy for non-UK residents to enter their address. Anyone can now buy shares online and pay with a credit or debit .This should make buying part of BrewDog easy, wherever you are. www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks
2) What are the benefits of investing in BrewDog plc?
- Benefit financially from our future growth through dividends and also an increase in the value of your shareholding.
- Lifetime discount in all of our BrewDog Bars
- Lifetime discount on our online shop
- Exclusive first options on all our special and limited edition beers.
- Invites to our (soon to be legendary) AGMs
- Being able to participate in our annual by shareholders, for shareholders brew-day
- A welcome pack with some killer, shareholder only BrewDog merchandise including your ID card.
- Literally becoming richer with every BrewDog beer you drink
3) How do I buy shares?
The fastest way is by clicking on the ‘Buy Shares’ link in the above menu bar, filling out the form and paying by debit card. You can also fill out the application form and send it, along with a cheque to Computershare, our receiving agent.
4) Do I have any responsibilities as an EFP shareholder?
Aside from enjoying a discount on craft beer, exclusive first options on our limited edition or rare beers and an open door policy on all our bars and events, shareholders are invited to make the EFP experience their own. This means you can contribute as much, or as little, to decision-making as you want and only attend the events that appeal to you. Other than that, spreading the word of the craft beer revolution is all we ask.
5) I’m interested in buying shares but don’t want to get tied in. Is there an option to sell them?
Yes, of course there is. Shares can’t be sold until 2013 but after that point you are free and easy to do with them what you please. Naturally, the majority of our shareholders like to keep hold of them but should you wish to re-home your shares you can trade them via www.equitypunks.com in 2013 or later at our potential AIM market listing.
6) What have the media said?
The Times Financial Editor, Patrick Hoskings comments: ‘ BrewDog has been a stellar success thus far….with a rare combination of brand recognition and a great sales record’.
Daily Mail's City News Editor - Ben Griffiths commented: 'It’s hard to fault BrewDog's logic when you consider recent stock market flotations that have been dogged by the involvement of the big investment banks. Small investors barely get a look in at most City floats stock market, listings have got a bad reputation of late. The BrewDog option presents a viable alternative, akin to selling your house without using an estate agent. Hopefully the innovative scheme they will inspire more small comanies to go down the same route.'
Erikka Askeland in the Scotsman: 'In an era when fat cats and the short-termist grubbing of the City has caused near riots on the streets of London, BrewDog's DIY punk aesthetic is charmingly informal and appealing.'
7) What’s this about the Abstrakt Addict Club and how do I get involved?
Those investing over £950 will get a free 12 month membership to our Abstrakt Addict Club, which is worth £135. This will entitle you to 3 bottles of the next 4 editions of our Abstrakt series (www.abstrakt.com) delivered direct to your door.
8) Do the shares have a dividend entitlement?
Yes, the shares we are selling have are fully voting shares with the exact same rights to dividends and capital as all existing shareholders of BrewDog. There will be no dividends paid until 2013 on the assumption that, until then, all profits will be re-invested to fuel further growth.
9) I personally don’t want to become a shareholder but I know someone who would kill to get their paws on some EFP shares. Can I gift them?
Of course you can. You can gift shares to absolutely anyone you think deserves them. To do this you can either buy shares in your own name then email email@example.com and I will instantly switch them into someone else’s name. Or print out the paper form and fill in the details of the lucky gift receiver! application form We reckon it would be a pretty awesome gift. Maybe even the best gift ever?
10) I know you have an AGM but how do decisions get made during the rest of the year?
With a growing family of EFP shareholders the world over, it’s important to keep in touch which is why we have the EFP forum at www.equitypunks.com Specially designed for shareholders and shareholders only, the forum allows everyone to keep in touch, discuss ideas and indulge in the odd bit of beer-based banter 365 days of the year.
11) I’ve heard becoming an EFP shareholder means I get to meet the founder of BrewDog – Bracken – in-person. Tell me, are the rumours true?
Yes, EFP shareholders are all considered part of the BrewDog family. Swing by the brewery or attend our shareholders brewday and you’ll no doubt be able to shake paws with the original BrewDog himself.
12) I want to invest over £13,000, how can I do this?
You can invest as much as you want. £12,920 is the online limit. To invest more simply print the paper application form and post it along with a cheque to Computershare. The paper application form is here application form
13) I am not a punk, and therefore concerned I will not meet the criteria of an EFP shareholder.
The only criteria is that you are an advocate for awesome quality craft beer, beer brewed with passion rather than preservatives and with attitude rather than additives. Sporting a Mohawk and tattoos are optional but not a necessity.
14) How long do I have to buy shares?
The share offer officially closes on 6th January 2012 or when we reach our target of £2.2m. So far 2500 people have joined the BrewDog team by investing over £1m in Equity for Punks!
15) How is Equity for Punks regulated?
BrewDog’s Equity for Punks share offering has been approved by Crowe Clark Whitehill LLP as the authorised person under s.21 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. This work is regulated by the Financial Services Authority. The legal work in preparing the share offer document and completing the verification of the terms of the share offer document was done out by CMS Cameron McKenna and the audit of the financial information was carried out by Ritson Smith. Computershare are the registered receiving agents for the share offering. The fully verified and audited prospectus can be downloaded here with all the relevant legal information http://www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks/downloads
16) As the proud owner of a slice of the BrewDog brewery, does this mean I can turn up anytime I want?
Yes, we are rocking an open door policy bitches! You will, after all, you do own a part of the BrewDog brewery. We are happy to give tours and sampling sessions to visitors but in order for us to arrange these and ensure one of our crack team of brewers is on hand to assist you, a little advance notice via phone or email is always appreciated.
17) I already have shares in BrewDog, but want to buy more!
If you have already bought shares, either in EFP I, or more recently in EFP II, you can always buy more and increase your shareholding. To do this, you need to set up a new account at the check-out and payment stage. However, we will recognise your details and ensure that your investments are conveniently consolidated into one shareholding for you.
18) I have noticed that James and Martin both enjoy wearing hats. As an EFP shareholder, am I required to wear a hat?
Sadly, it is not a stipulation that EFP shareholders wear hats. We don’t discriminate against hat-wearers however, meaning bowlers, berets, boaters and busbies are all welcome.
Feel free to ask any further questions below.
No significant change in modern history has ever taken place without the support of the people.
We are determined to change the world of beer. And we want you to change it with us.
Our growth so far has been phenomenal. With that growth all set to continue we want you to share in our future success and own your very own part of BrewDog. This is going to be an awesome journey and we want to take you with us on it.