Another amazing Annual General Mayhem
Last Saturday was an absolute blast. Our epic yearly gathering of Equity Punks took place at the AECC in Aberdeen, and you guys didn’t let us down. The ninth-annual #PunkAGM saw 8,000 diehard craft beer fanatics spend a day enjoying a huge array of beer, street food and music. Without question the highlight of our year, the AGM is a long day but one that goes by in a flash – so we figured we should take a look back to the UK’s largest Annual General Meeting!
Since last year’s AGM we have had an incredible twelve months, helping build the business owned by our amazing army of shareholders:-
- Shipped 104 million bottles of craft beer to people around the world
- Launched our epic breweries in Columbus Ohio and the OverWorks in Ellon
- Hit the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for a record sixth consecutive year
- Launched Equity for Punks V increasing our shareholder community to over 77,000
- Grown sales of our beer by over 78% on the previous year
- Punk IPA has now been the best-selling UK craft beer for three years
- Grown our global team of crewmembers to over 1,100
- Introduced the Unicorn Fund; 20% of our profits given to our crew and charity each year
These incredible milestones could not have been achieved without the support and feedback of our Equity Punks – you guys rock and we love the fact that each year we can kick back and party at our AGM! Having our backs means that our shareholders know everything we do comes back to the beer in the glass and the people who make it happen – and that will never change.
Our shareholders also learn of everything that goes down on Planet BrewDog before anyone else, and our co-founders James and Martin took to the stage to detail all of our plans for the year ahead. We are currently dialling in a dedicated blog post on the AGM Announcements, so check back to the blog in a few days (particularly if you live in Reykjavik, Inverurie or are a frequent flier!)
But the AGM is about much more than statistics and progress updates. Our assembled Equity Punks enjoyed a series of brand new beer releases, such as our latest birthday beer Dog G and a new German-hopped IPA Sonic Boom, plus we re-introduced the mighty Dogma and a re-brew of the beer that won #CollabFest – Very Big Moose produced with our friends at Fierce Beer.
The biggest buzz related to our new adventures in fermentation. Richard Kilcullen and the crew from the OverWorks were on hand to launch our first sour and wild beers. A trio of farmhouse-style saisons were revealed to our Equity Punks in tutored tastings delivered by Richard – with our shareholders also getting the chance to preview the OverWorks taproom over the weekend!
Our investors also rocked out to some legendary music from the likes of Maximo Park, Twin Atlantic and The Dust Coda, The Van T’s, The Big Moon, PAWS and Cold Years. In between sets, we had a huge range of street food on offer to keep our Equity Punks going, and we also ensured they had the chance to get up close and personal with the likes of the Bruery, Cloudwater, Northern Monk and Magic Rock in a series of tutored tastings. It was, in a word, epic.
- 84,250 beers, spirits and ciders poured
- 8,000 Equity Punks and lucky +1’s in attendance
- £2,850 raised for Guide Dogs for the Blind
- 2,200 AGM Beer Visa stamps deployed
- 300 BrewDog crewmembers working on the day
- 10 incredible bands
- 7 guest breweries pouring their beers
- 1 crab cut-out taken home (you know who you are)
- 1 amazing day.
Thanks to everybody who made the long (or short) journey to Aberdeen and to each and every one of our truly incredible BrewDog crewmembers who worked long hours to make it happen. Stay tuned for the post about what was announced at the AGM and here’s to #PunkAGM2019!