The Great BrewDog Bar Hunt 2014
Help us find the next BrewDog bar!
It is back! Once again, we are turning to you, the people to help us find the next awesome BrewDog bar sites in the UK.
We now have 18 bars worldwide, including 14 in the UK, and we wouldn't have managed it without you guys. Your commitment to making the atmosphere rock, and helping us develop the concept at every turn is one thing, but you've also played a pivotal role in helping us find awesome sites. Cheers to you!
So! It's time to get the ball rolling once again, start poundng those pavements and help us track down the best new sites in the UK for us to open an epic craft beer bar. Not only will it mean you have a local BrewDog bar if you help us find a site, but we pay out £1000 as a finder's fee if your suggestion is actually used! What's not to love?!
Here's Darren, who found our site in Dundee, receiving his cheque for £1000! Cheers Darren!
We're looking for BrewDog bar sites as well as potential BottleDog (off licence store) venues.
Here's a few criteria for property we're after...
For all premises:
- It needs to be currently on the market
- We would consider properties available to buy or lease
- A valid licence is a bonus, but not essential
- A location with good footfall but not necessarily completely central. Anything slightly edgy and off pitch is cool with us!
Additional specific criteria for BrewDog Bars:
- The venue will ideally have previously been a bar, restaurant or retail unit, but this is not critical
- Corner units are preferable but we will take all applications into consideration.
- Ideally 2,000 - 5,000 Sq Ft
Target Bar Locations:
- Scotland - Edinburgh (open to more suggestions too!)
- North England & Midlands - York and Leicester
- London - Brixton, Soho, Camberwell, Stoke Newington, Hackney Wick, Dalston, Wimbledon and Peckham
- South England - Cambridge, Oxford, Reading, Norwich, Southampton, Portsmouth, Canterbury, Plymouth and Exeter
For BottleDog Sites
- Venues need A1, A2 or A3 planning
- Ideally 500 - 1,200 Sq Ft
- Glasgow, Manchester and London
To recommend a venue and potentially receive £1000 as well as a brand spanking new bar landing in your local area, please submit a proposal to email@example.com. Proposals should include:
1) A photo of the venue (a smart phone snap is fine)
2) Hopefully a schedule from the selling agent (this can usually be downloaded from the selling agent's website)
3) Some brief information on the location and why you think it would be a good location
The deadline for submissions is 1st October 2014
Here's a quick update on some upcoming BrewDog bars while we're at it!
BrewDog Dundee, our fourth in Scotland and 18th worldwide, just launched last Saturday! Check it out here!
We've got a site, and works start this week! This will be our first bar south of the river and we're mega psyched to make it 4 in London. This bar should launch late Summer 2014.
We've been trying to pin down a site in Brighton for years and we're finally there! We'll have more news on this one in the coming weeks, and we're hoping to launch late August.
Located on Colquitt Street, we'll be starting work soon and should launch late Summer.
We're well on our way here! Stay tuned for a launch date!
BrewDog Gothenburg launched last month and is rocking and rolling! Coming soon, we have BrewDog Florence (or Firenze if you're Italian) launching later this month, we're making good progress in Berlin and Helsinki and should be able to confirm the sites in the coming weeks, BrewDog Rome and BrewDog Barcelona look set to open at the end of Summer 2014, and BrewDog Bologna is set for a late 2014 opening. PHEW!