The Great BrewDog Bar Hunt is Back!
Help us find new craft beer outposts
2013 has been a busy year for BrewDog so far, what with the new brewery officially opening in Ellon, plus our first international bar launching in Stockholm. In addition, we opened BrewDog Leeds in March, will be opening in Shepherd’s Bush next month and have started work on our Sheffield site, which is due to open early 2014. Phew! Not only that, but we also have a site in Liverpool that is in the planning stages.
But we’re not known for resting on our laurels and as such we are super keen to open another bunch of awesome craft beer havens across the UK. As well as opening more bars, we are also looking to open our first Bottle Dog shops, which will carry a huge range of beers from the best breweries from around the world, together with homebrewing equipment and ingredients. We’re really excited about the potential for our bars and shops and we want your help. That’s right, The Great BrewDog Bar Hunt is back!
We are looking for you to help us scout out the perfect premises and, if we end up taking up your proposal, we will pay you £1,000 in cash and reward you with a lifetime discount at the new bar!
Here are the criteria:
For all premises:
- It needs to be currently on the market
- We would consider properties available to buy or lease
- A valid licence is a bonus, but not essential
- A location with good footfall but not necessarily completely central. Anything slightly edgy and off pitch is cool with us!
Additional specific criteria for BrewDog Bars:
- The venue will ideally have previously been a bar and have both a cellar and a valid licence
- A reasonably small venue – 80-130 capacity
- Corner units are preferable but we will take all applications into consideration.
- Ideally 150-200 square meters in size
- Target Locations:
- The venue needs A1 or A3 planning
- Ideally 50-100 square meters in size
- Space for offices above or below would be ideal
- London only to start with – will consider anywhere within zones 1-3
- A3 or A4 planning is preferable
- Warehouse or Showroom space could work well with this one
- Ideally 300-600 square metres in size
- All locations considered within London
We would like the proposals to include:
1) A photo of the venue (a smart phone snap is fine)
2) Hopefully a schedule from the selling agent (this can usually be downloaded from the selling agent's website)
3) Some brief information on the location and why you think it would be a good location
4) Please email the proposals to jhickson(at)brewdog(dot)com . The deadline for submissions is January 20th 2014.
We will send a case of beer to anyone who sends us a lead that we follow up as a thank you for the effort.
Happy bar hunting scamps!