Beer for the Seoul: BrewDog continues its global craft beer revolution with its first South Korean bar
우측 링크를 클릭하시면 한국어 보도자료를 보실 수 있습니다.
Independent Scottish brewer, BrewDog, is continuing its global expansion with the launch of its first bar in Seoul, South Korea. The new bar is located in the Itaewon region of the city, famed for its cosmopolitan nightlife and world-class bars and restaurants.
- BrewDog outpost Itaewon will be the Aberdeenshire brewer’s flagship bar in Asia, and act as a beacon of Asia’s vibrant beer scene.
- Located at 124-1 Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea, 04349, this will also be BrewDog’s second BrewPub site, after the brewery launched its first in London’s Tower Hill in May.
- The new BrewDog outpost Itaewon will contain a 10-hectolitre brew kit, making it the first site outside of the UK and USA to be officially brewing BrewDog beers.
- The bar will boast 25 draft lines, pouring BrewDog favourites and a selection of guest brews from local breweries.
- Beers brewed on site will be available to buy, as well as a wide range of canned and bottled beers from around the world for craft beer fans to enjoy in the bar or take away.
- Foodies can savour a menu of delicious local dishes, as well as the classic BrewDog menu of pizzas, burgers and wings.
- The bar even includes an extensive seating area where craft beer fans can sample their favourite brew, whilst taking in the sights and sounds of Seoul.
- BrewDog’s remarkable growth has seen the brewer export to over 60 countries globally in the last 10 years. Its international growth has been propelled by its record-breaking crowdfunding initiative, Equity for Punks, which has seen the brewery raise over £60 million since 2009.
- In October 2017, the brewery launched its fifth round of Equity for Punks, looking to raise a target £10million to fuel its global expansion.
- After reaching the initial target in under 90 days, the brewer announced in January that Equity for Punks V would remain open until 15th October 2018, or until the maximum potential raise of £50million is reached.
- As of today, this latest round of Equity for Punks has raised over £19 million from more than 38,000 investors. BrewDog outpost Itaewon comes after the brewer announced plans for 17 new bars across the world at its seventh AGM in April.
- So far, this year, BrewDog has opened six new bars in the UK, including a second site in Edinburgh, three new sites in London, and a bar in Milton Keynes.
- Since April, it has also opened its fifth bar in Sweden, and two new bars in Columbus, Ohio, where the brewery has its US headquarters.
- A third brewing site in Brisbane, Australia, was also announced, adding to the Scottish brewer’s facilities in the USA and UK.
BrewDog’s co-founder, James Watt commented:
“Over the past few years, we’ve seen a huge explosion in the global craft beer scene, with South Korea quickly becoming the craft beer hub of Asia. Seoul has been at the heart of this explosion, and we’ve had our eye on this burgeoning craft beer scene for a while now, waiting for the perfect site to set up a BrewDog home.”
“A city that champions the excitement, zeal and innovation of craft beer deserves more hubs in which to indulge and celebrate truly great beer. We couldn’t be happier to finally provide an outpost for unapologetically awesome beer in Asia and look forward to spreading the craft beer revolution to more people across the continent.”