Two Dog Town: BrewDog opens second bar in Edinburgh with a chance to win a year’s supply of beer for its first 100 visitors
Independent Scottish craft brewer, BrewDog continues the craft beer revolution in its homeland of Scotland with the launch of BrewDog Lothian Road, it second bar in Edinburgh. Located at 50 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH3 9BY, the opening is BrewDog’s first of 2018 and the Aberdeenshire brewer’s 31st bar in the UK and 48th worldwide.
- To mark the opening, BrewDog will be offering one of its first 100 visitors the chance to win a year’s supply of beer in a raffle at its public opening at 12:00pm on Friday, 26th January.
- BrewDog Lothian Road will feature 20 beers on tap and an integrated BottleDog where locals can collect a wide range of bottled and canned craft beers from around the world to drink in or take away.
- The food options will be a classic BrewDog menu of burgers and wings.
- The bar will also feature a sheltered outside drinking space.
- BrewDog opened its first bar in Edinburgh in 2011.
- At the time, it offered a 20 percent lifetime discount to anyone who got a tattoo of the BrewDog logo.
- Now exporting to over 60 countries globally, BrewDog is continuing its mission to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as they are.
- This latest launch will ensure BrewDog reaches even more people across the UK with a brilliant selection of craft beer, served in an inimitable setting, and served by Cicerone-trained staff.
- Earlier this month, the brewer announced that 100% of its workforce now held the first level of Cicerone’s accreditation qualifications for beer.
- BrewDog will provide its local shareholder community with a sneak peek prior to the main launch, as it invites its pioneering ‘Equity Punks’ inside before opening to the public on Friday, 26 January.
- BrewDog’s ground-breaking crowdfunding investment programme ‘Equity for Punks’ has facilitated the expansion of both its brewery and its bar division. As such, last year, BrewDog was named as the first company to ever appear on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for six consecutive years.
- In October last year, the brewery launched its fifth round of Equity for Punks to further its global expansion.
- The brewery hit the minimum target of £10million last week and, in a response to unprecedented demand, has extended the deadline for investment to 15th October 2018.
- The funds raised from Equity for Punks will go toward the construction of new breweries in Australia and Asia, the opening of 15 new craft beer venues in the UK, increasing production capacity in its UK brewery, and the creation of a dedicated craft beer TV network amongst many other projects.
- Equity for Punks V has so far raised over £11.7 million from more than 24,000 investors across Europe.
BrewDog cofounder James Watt said:
“Our Lothian Road venue adds a new dimension to Edinburgh’s already lively craft beer scene. A city that sees over 10 million visitors pass through each year deserves more venues in which to indulge in the incredible world of craft beer and carefully-curated food menus. We couldn’t be happier with the central location and we look forward to welcoming residents and visitors to the latest outpost for unapologetic, awesome and flavoursome craft beer.”