#COLLABFEST2016: BREWDOG UNLEASHES UK’S BIGGEST CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL, CELEBRATING THE BEST INDEPENDENT BREWERIES IN THE UK
Scottish craft crusaders, BrewDog, today announced the return of its annual kick-ass craft beer festival #CollabFest2016, now the biggest in the UK, reaching a massive 19 different cities simultaneously.
- For three days this October, beer geeks up and down the country have the unique chance to discover some of the latest and most dynamic independent craft breweries in Britain.
- With around 200 new craft breweries in the UK opening every year, BrewDog has hand-picked the new top dogs in craft and will spend the penultimate weekend in October celebrating them with their army of hardcore beer punks.
- Each up and coming brewery is paired with a local BrewDog bar and its expert Cicerone-trained staff to collaborate on a new limited edition brew, and the resulting beers are then showcased exclusively at all BrewDog UK bars for #CollabFest2016, a festival dedicated to championing those pushing the boundaries in craft beer brewing.
- The fourth annual #CollabFest2016 will run across 27 UK BrewDog bars from 21st-23rd October. Visitors will get the chance to try the 27 limited edition beers from the likes of Cloudwater, Fyne, Siren, and Brew By Numbers.
- With thousands of new craft beer brands popping up in the UK last year, the festival is a beer enthusiast’s opportunity to sample a huge array of small-batch craft beer from the top independent breweries.
- Cherries, pomegranate, mustard, peanuts – nothing is off the agenda, every possible style and a huge amount of inventive interpretation unleashed, as is expected from great craft breweries.
- Fueling the craft revolution from the grassroots up, BrewDog’s festival is kicking the craft beer revolution into overdrive.
- The UK has the highest number of breweries per head than anywhere else in the world, and BrewDog and its army of 50,000 beer-loving shareholders are on a mission to ensure the stratospheric rise of craft is kept well fueled.
Tracy Lee, Head of Marketing at BrewDog, commented:
“#CollabFest2016 is our chance to give new beacons of craft a platform to shout about the exciting beer they’re creating. We love beer, and we’ve chosen independent breweries who love it as much as we do. The festival is the public’s chance to taste the most exciting new creations in craft. This beer game is all about being collaborative, sharing expertise, throwing people together and seeing what gems they come up with, and we’re nothing short of psyched to test this year’s eclectic range of badass brews.”
The breweries and BrewDog bars pairing up in #CollabFest2016 are:
- Aberdeen & Fierce Beer – Black Flagship (6.5%) Bramble and chocolate porter
- Birmingham & Fixed Wheel Brewery – Coffee Fix (6.1%) Coffee-infused stout
- Brighton & Brighton Bier – Hung Like a Gorse (7.0%) Toasted coconut imperial stout
- Bristol & Wiper & True – Don’t Get Lemon (9.5%) Double IPA
- Camden & Howling Hops – Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream Pale Ale (5.5%) Lactose pale ale with Raspberries
- Cardiff & Crafty Devil Brewing Co – No Ifs, No Buts, Just Coconuts (5.2%) Coconut and vanilla milk stout
- Castlegate & Stewart Brewing – They’re Coming to Get Rhu Barbra (4.5%) Sour pale ale with rhubarb
- Clapham & Anspach & Hobday – The Marmalade Saison (5.6%) Saison with Bermondsey marmalade
- Clerkenwell & Affinity Brew Co & Elusive Brewing – Brimful of Masha (7.2%) Coffee and maple US red ale
- DogHouse Glasgow & Fyne Ales – Heather Loch Beer (5.5%) Smoked pink peppercorn and heather-infused witbier
- Dundee & Alechemy Brewing – Chocorange is the New Black (4.7%) Orange-infused milk stout
- Edinburgh & Top Out - Blond Peanut Mild (4.2%) Blond peanut mild
- Glasgow & Dead End Brew Machine - The Glasgow Project (6.4%) Cherry and bourbon oaked saison
- Leeds & Rooster’s Brewing Co - I’m A Lumberjack (And I’m Oak-Aged) (5.7%) Oak-aged IPA
- Leicester & Alphabet Brewing Co - King's Blood (5.3%) Pomegranate Irish red ale
- Liverpool & Liverpool Craft Beer Co - Manolis IPA (6.0%) IPA brewed with Waimea, Nelson Sauvin, Chinook, Centennial and El Dorado hops
- Manchester & Cloudwater Brew Co – Colourblind (4.5%) Session amber ale
- Newcastle & Almasty Brewing Co (ft. Modern Times) - Morning Wood (6.0%) Brown Ale with Modern Times barrel-aged coffee
- Norwich & Brew By Numbers - 17|08 Table Saison – Mustard & Sea Salt (3.0%) Mustard & sea salt saison
- Nottingham & Black Iris - Satan's Lollipop (5.5%) Chilli and cherry stout ‘dry-hopped’ with cherry blossom
- Sheffield & Abbeydale Brewery - Iced Tea Dead People (4.6%) Peach iced-tea beer
- Shepherd’s Bush & Siren Craft Brew - Ten Dollar Shake (6.6%) Fruit smoothie IPA
- Shoreditch & Weird Beard Brew Co - Dead By Dawn (5.5%) Cherry breakfast stout
- Soho & Fourpure Brewing Co - Mangoes into a Bar (5.0%) Sour mango wheat beer
- Southampton & Dancing Man Brewery - Black's the New Orange (4.1%) Orange Jaffa Cake stout
- Stirling & Fallen Brewing Co – Malibru (4.1%) Pineapple and coconut sour
- ShuffleDog & Brew York - Black Dog of White Horse Bay (5.6%) India stout