JUST BREW IT: BREWDOG RELEASES EVERY SINGLE ONE OF ITS BEER RECIPES TO TURBO-CHARGE HOME BREWING MOVEMENT
BrewDog has long been a champion of all things craft, but today the irreverent Scottish brewery ups the ante by releasing DIY Dog, a collection of every single one of its recipes, in celebration of its home brewing roots, and as inspiration to the rapidly growing and inclusive craft beer community.
- Detailed recipes of over 200 beers, from the original Punk IPA (now one of the best-selling craft beers in the UK) through to BrewDog’s newest headliner, Jet Black Heart, have been released to beer fans today.
- The recipes have all been scaled down to home brew volumes, five gallons or 20 litres, to inspire and support the next wave of craft brewers.
- This open-source home brewing back catalogue is an unprecedented move by a brewery, disclosing Intellectual Property in the form of recipes for the likes of Hello My Name is Vladimir, Hops Kill Nazis, Black Tokyo Horizon, AB:04, Jack Hammer and Anarchist Alchemist to name a few.
- This level of transparency and the availability of BrewDog’s history in such depth is testament to the brewery’s efforts to promote inclusivity and beer evangelism.
- Owned by more than 35,000 beer fans through its game-changing crowdfunding scheme, Equity For Punks, BrewDog makes beer for the people, by the people, and is ploughing its innovations back into the craft community to invigorate a new generation of independent home brewers.
- BrewDog is leading the charge for independently brewed beer at every level, spreading the message of craft as far and wide as possible.
- With over 40 hop cathedrals in the shape of bars and bottle shops across the world, all showcasing the best in craft beer, and a new brewery in Columbus, Ohio, set to electrify the already huge craft revolution across the pond, DIY Dog will breathe even more life into the home brewing community at grassroots level.
- More information on BrewDog can be found at brewdog.com
BrewDog co-founder, James Watt said:
“Many of the classic BrewDog beers were developed during our homebrewing days, and we still use a homebrewing 50L system to develop new beers and recipes. Home brewing is ingrained in our DNA, and is a cornerstone of the craft beer industry. We have always loved the sharing of knowledge, expertise and passion in the craft beer community and we wanted to take that spirit of collaboration to the next level with DIY Dog. The more people that home brew, the more craft breweries will pop up and help us in the fight against global mega beer corporations, making the future brighter for craft beer.”
James Watt continued:
“With DIY Dog we wanted to do something that has never been done before as well as paying tribute to our home brewing roots. We wanted to take all of our recipes, every single last one, and give them all way for free, to the amazing global home brewing community. So here it is. The keys to our kingdom. Every single BrewDog recipe, ever. So copy them, tear them to pieces, bastardise them, adapt them, but most of all, enjoy them!”