BrewDog launches recruitment drive in the UK as sales increase by 93%
Independent craft brewer, BrewDog is capitalising on its remarkable growth with a UK sales team recruitment drive aimed at expanding the availability of its beers in the on and off-trade and bolstering its position as the fastest growing craft brewery in the world.
- BrewDog’s UK sales were up 93% at the end of September 2017 and its flagship beer Punk IPA – which grew at 102.4% in on-trade – has been the best-selling craft beer in the UK off-trade for the last three years.
- BrewDog’s exceptional year mirrors the current upward trend in craft beer sales in the UK which were reportedly worth £814 million in the 12 months to September, an increase of 10% on the previous year.
- In the last 12 months, the Aberdeenshire brewery has shipped the equivalent of 65 million bottles of craft beer, launched its American brewery in Columbus, Ohio and opened the doors to 4 bars in the UK and overseas, bringing the tally of BrewDog bars to 47 worldwide.
- In August this year, BrewDog also announced that it would be giving away 20% of its future profits as part of its Unicorn Fund. 10% of profits will be distributed equally to all staff, with a further 10% being donated to charitable causes.
- Last month, BrewDog launched the fifth round of Equity for Punks, its record-breaking equity crowdfunding scheme. The brewery is looking to raise up £50 million to further its global expansion.
- This includes the construction of new breweries in Australia and China, the opening of 15 craft beer bars in the UK, increasing the production capacity in its UK brewery and the creation of a dedicated craft beer TV network.
On the on-trade, BrewDog is looking to fill the following positions:
- On-trade National Controller
- Field Sales Manager- South (England)
- On premise Specialist (Scotland)
- Regional Sales Manager (Scotland)
- Regional Sales Manager - Home Counties
- Regional Sales Manager- South West (England)
- Regional Sales Manager- Midlands
- Regional Sales Manager- North West (England)
On the off-trade, the following roles are available:
- Grocery Key Account Manager (England)
- Grocery Key Account Manager (Scotland)
- Impulse Key Account Manager
Interested candidates should visit https://www.brewdog.com/careers to apply or find out more information on each role.
Steve Ricketts, BrewDog’s Head of UK Sales said:
“Craft beer continues to buck the sales trend in the UK and our phenomenal year so far is testament to that fact. Beer drinkers are increasingly savvy and they now expect flavour and character from the beers they drink and they expect their local pubs and bars to offer a rich variety of options. Our success so far demonstrates that the craft beer revolution is far from over, and as we gear up for 2018, we’re ready to take it up a notch and bring more passionate people into the BrewDog family.”
 Source AC Nielsen Total Value Coverage MAT at Nov 14.