THIS IS A STANDARD BLOG HEADER BLOCK
BREWDOG SUPERCHARGES GLOBAL CRAFT BEER CRUSADE WITH THE APPOINTMENT OF NEW CEO OF BEER
Independent craft brewer, BrewDog has appointed Andy Shaw to the newly created role of CEO Beer. Andy brings with him a vast wealth of experience having served 14 years in various senior roles at Red Bull, most recently as Managing Director of Red Bull UK. Previous roles include MD of Spain and Portugal, and Sales and Marketing Manager for Europe.
THIS IS A EDITORIAL CONTENT BLOCK
- At BrewDog, Andy will be responsible for the global sales and marketing of beer. The role of CEO Beer was formed in order to provide additional senior strategic leadership as BrewDog enters a period of accelerated growth domestically and internationally.
- Last year saw the release of the ‘The BrewDog Blueprint’; an ambitious business manifesto packed with more than 30 bold initiatives and innovations that reflect the brewery’s commitment to evolving its beers and business, as well as how it supports its global community and industry in 2019 and beyond.
- 2018 was also a banner year for BrewDog. In August, the brewery announced its half-year trading results, showing total revenue at £78 million, up by 55% versus the same time last year. Revenue of the brewery’s bar division was also up by 92% and its UK retail sales had grown by 83%, compared with 2017 half-year results.
- The brewery’s flagship beer Punk IPA has been the best-selling craft beer in the UK off-trade for the last three years, and currently, five of the top 10 best-selling craft beers in the UK off trade are BrewDog products.
- BrewDog’s phenomenal growth has been powered by its record-breaking Equity for Punks crowdfunding initiative. Last October, the brewery closed its fifth crowdfunding round as the world’s most successful equity crowdfunding raise, having secured £26.2 million in investment over the previous 12 months.
- The Aberdeenshire brewer is continuing that mission into 2019, with more bars due to open in the UK and further afield throughout the year. Cities include Hull, Inverurie, Peterhead and Dalston, as well as Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Hamburg, Toronto and Paris internationally.
THIS IS A QUOTE BLOCK
“Andy’s impressive track record for championing a strategic, global vision is what makes him such an exciting addition to the BrewDog crew. His experience in working in a vibrant, bold, business famed for pushing the envelope is exactly what we need as we enter hyperdrive on our global vision. Our mission remains exactly the same it was on day one; to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are. Andy will be pivotal in ensuring we fulfil this over the coming years.”
BrewDog co-founder James Watt
THIS IS A QUOTE BLOCK
“BrewDog’s feats over the last decade are a direct result of a culture of innovation and fearlessness. When many in the industry doubted and scoffed, James and Martin remained clear eyed and determined to change the world of beer for the better.
I’ve been impressed by them for the last ten years and I simply could not pass up the opportunity to join such a dynamic team in the next phase of growth.
I couldn’t be more delighted at the chance to take BrewDog to new audiences, new territories and ultimately to new heights..”
BrewDog CEO Beer Andy Shaw