THIS IS A STANDARD BLOG HEADER BLOCK
BREWDOG’S CRAFT CRUSADE TAKES CARLISLE WITH ITS FIRST UK BAR LAUNCH OF 2019
THIS IS A EDITORIAL CONTENT BLOCK
- Marking the Scottish brewer’s first bar opening of 2019, BrewDog’s newest venue in ‘The Great Border City’ brings its network of UK bars to 43 and 67 worldwide as it continues to propel its craft beer revolution with accelerating velocity.
- In 2019, the brewer aims to open no fewer than 19 bar sites, taking its total venue count globally to 85.
- Situated in the heart of the city centre’s richly historic main street at 36-38 Botchergate, the spacious 240 capacity bar is a stone’s throw from Carlisle’s bustling central train station and vibrant university campus.
- The bar sits just a short walk from the imposing 12th-century Carlisle castle, nestled beside the ruins of Hadrian's Wall, making it the perfect spot for discovering the city’s historical hotspots.
- In celebration of the bar’s opening, BrewDog will enter the first 100 beer-loving locals through the bar’s doors into a raffle at its public opening at midday on Friday 25th January. Those entered into the draw will be given the chance to win a year’s supply of the brewer’s flagship beer, Punk IPA.
- Boasting 22 draft lines, the newly opened Carlisle site will pour fan favourites such Punk IPA, Elvis Juice, Hazy Jane and Dead Pony Club, as well as a wide range of bottled beers from around the world to be enjoyed in the bar or to take away.
- BrewDog’s LIVE beer, its modern take on cask beer, will also be available for craft beer fans to savour.
- Local foodies will welcome the classic BrewDog pizza menu, boasting the classic Hawaii Five-O, delicious Grazing Goat and mouth-watering White Trash, each perfectly paired with any of BrewDog’s craft beer offerings.
- BrewDog Carlisle follows a slew of new bar openings in 2018, a year that saw the brewer open more bars than any previous year as it continues to push its craft beer revolution further across the planet.
- The Aberdeenshire brewer is continuing that mission into 2019, with more bars due to open in the UK and further afield throughout the year. Cities include Hull, Inverurie, Peterhead and Dalston, as well as Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Hamburg, Toronto and Paris internationally.
THIS IS A QUOTE BLOCK
“Carlisle has a long history of brewing, and its craft beer scene has been growing steadily in recent years. The city has been in our sights for some time and since scouting the perfect location, we’re excited to finally be able to bring a BrewDog bar to the Great Border City. We hope this bar helps accelerate the city’s craft beer culture, igniting a new generation of fans seeking bold and exciting beer.”
BrewDog co-founder James Watt