THIS IS A STANDARD BLOG HEADER BLOCK
EQUITY FOR PUNKS V WITH OVER £26.2 MILLION INVESTED BY MORE THAN 50,000 BEER FANS
Independent Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog, today closes the world’s most successful equity crowdfunding raise, Equity for Punks V, having secured £26.2million in investment over the past 12 months.
THIS IS A EDITORIAL CONTENT BLOCK
- 50,000 people invested in this fifth crowdfunding drive, more than the sum total of the previous four Equity for Punks crowdfunding rounds combined, bringing the total number of shareholders across the five rounds to 94,000.
- Launched in October 2017, this fifth round of Equity for Punks saw the Aberdeenshire brewer set out to raise £10 million, a target it reached in under 90 days.
- After receiving an influx of requests for additional investment time, the raise was extended to October, with shares costing £23.75 each and issued in blocks of two, with a minimum investment of two shares for £47.50.
- The funds raised through Equity for Punks V will support BrewDog in expanding its breweries in both Ellon, Scotland and Columbus, Ohio, as well as accelerating the construction of its new brewery in Brisbane, Australia, and its plans to build an upcoming brewery in China.
- All Equity Punks who have invested in this round, and all previous rounds receive a wealth of benefits for joining the BrewDog community, including up to 10% discount in BrewDog bars and up to 20% discount on its online shop, depending on the level of investment.
- Last week, the brewery released its ‘BrewDog Blueprint’, which outlined its ambitious plans for the next decade of the community-driven business.
- This bold manifesto unveiled more than 30 new initiatives that will see it evolve its beer and business, with a focus on how it supports its global community and industry.
- The content and plans within the document were produced in collaboration with the Equity for Punks community who contributed via their exclusive online Forum.
- Last week the brewer was named in BrandZ’s Top 75 Most Valuable Brands 20181 list as not only the UK’s most valuable alcohol brand, but also the only beer brand to appear on the list.
THIS IS A QUOTE BLOCK
“Equity for Punks V is the most successful equity crowdfunding round the world has ever seen, and we’re thrilled to have expanded our awesome global community, which is the lifeblood of our business. The craft beer revolution shows no sign of slowing down, with thousands more joining the BrewDog fold and demonstrating their support for a business built on passion and soul. Our Equity Punks are the beating heart of our business, and central to our success today and in the future. Together we are driving forward our mission of making as many people as passionate about craft beer as we are. We’re proud to have an army of 94,000 behind us, joining us on this wild ride, sharing in our success and helping shape the business we become.”
BrewDog co-founder James Watt