THIS IS A STANDARD BLOG HEADER BLOCK
BREWDOG LIVES UP TO ITS NAME WITH SUBWOOFER IPA, THE WORLD’S FIRST ‘CRAFT BEER FOR DOGS’.
Independent craft brewer, BrewDog has today announced the launch of its first bespoke craft beer for dogs, Subwoofer IPA. This is the first time brewery has created a beer for dogs using the same base ‘wort’ as it uses for its popular craft beers for humans, in order to create a brew specifically designed for man’s best friend.
THIS IS A EDITORIAL CONTENT BLOCK
- Subwoofer IPA is an alcohol and hop-free, non-carbonated beer, containing canine-friendly B vitamins and probiotics beneficial for dogs. Packed with citrus overtones and a familiar malt backbone, the brew is perfect for all four-legged friends.
- The Subwoofer IPA concept was originally developed by the kitchen team at BrewDog’s bar team in Liverpool who launched a prototype beer for pups and saw huge demand from the city’s dog-loving community, who flocked in droves and tripled the bar’s Sunday traffic.
- Dog owners can now buy a bottle of Subwoofer IPA for £2.50 across BrewDog’s network of 39 UK bars, as well as via its online shop at www.brewdog.com/shop.
- To launch the new pooch friendly brew, on Sunday 2nd December BrewDog will be giving the first 20 dogs through the door of each UK BrewDog bar the chance to win a case of the dog-friendly Subwoofer IPA.
- In addition to the top prize up for grabs, each of the first 20 dogs will also be gifted a ‘doggy bag’, containing a bottle of Subwoofer IPA and dog treats.
- Since the success of the initial brew, BrewDog’s brewing team has been perfecting the recipe with an expert pet food consultant.
- Together, the teams conducted three rounds of tasting trials with 25 dogs to perfect the recipe and deliver maximum flavour for a pup’s palate. Each bottle of Subwoofer IPA has been carefully brewed with the same classic craft character of a BrewDog beer.
- Subwoofer IPA has been brewed from wort, the liquid created at the start of any brew, produced by heating malted barley grains with water or ‘brewing liquor’, and then blended with ingredients to make it suitable for canines.
- In addition to individual bottles of the new dog brew, which are available from today, BrewDog will be soon launching a two-pack containing a bottle of Subwoofer IPA and a bottle of its flagship beer Punk IPA, for dog owners to enjoy alongside their canine buddy.
- Dogs have always been integral to the BrewDog story. The brewery’s name was inspired by co-founder James Watt’s chocolate Labrador, Bracken, the original ‘brew dog’.
THIS IS A QUOTE BLOCK
“Following the crazy success of our Liverpool bar team’s canine-friendly craft beer experiment, we wanted to refine a recipe to offer a delicious, refreshing beer for every dog who visits us nationwide. The result has been tried and tested and approved by our panel of pups, meaning the thousands of dogs that visit our bars each week can now get a taste, too.”
BrewDog co-founder James Watt