WORLD’S STRONGEST CANNED ALE: BREWDOG UNLEASHES 12.7% ABV CANNED BREW ON CRAFT BEER FANS
Craft brewery BrewDog launches world’s strongest canned ale today
- Black Eyed King Imp is 12.7% ABV Vietnamese coffee-inspired imperial Russian stout, matured in bourbon casks and aged on vanilla pods and coffee beans
- The release claims a new title for BrewDog, which previously held the world record for the world’s strongest bottled beer
- Scotland’s largest independent brewery has once again broken records and boundaries in beer in a bid to continue converting more people to the craft beer revolution, with the release of a world record smashing canned beer of 12.7% ABV.
- Black Eyed King Imp is the biggest ale ever consigned to metal, fresh off the new canning line at the Aberdeenshire-based brewery.
- Canned Black Eyed King Imp is a Vietnamese coffee edition of the incredibly popular iteration released in 2014.
- The imperial stout has been matured in bourbon casks before being further aged with vanilla pods and coffee beans from artisanal roastery Dear Green.
- The oaky vanilla elements from the wood, and the balance of espresso and cacao add layers of complexity to the finish, giving it a spicy aroma with brandy notes.
- The game-changing beer arrives on the scene as demand for BrewDog craft beers rockets, as more and more people searching for quality beer get a taste for evangelically brewed hops.
- BrewDog has a history of brewing up a storm with perception-altering brews, including Tactical Nuclear Penguin, brewed at 32% ABV, Sink the Bismarck, which notched up 41% ABV, and the even stronger limited edition The End of History, clocking in at 55% and packaged within the taxidermy bodies of squirrels and stoats.
- The End Of History sold for up to £700 per bottle, and only 12 were released, all of which were sold within four hours of launch.
- The aluminum-clad marvel is available from BrewDog’s online shop from today for £9.50, and will launch in its bars from 6pm on Thursday 15th October
James Watt, co-Founder of BrewDog commented:
“We love big beers, big flavours, and challenging people’s perceptions of beer. Black Eyed King Imp is the ultimate embodiment of that philosophy, in every dimension. This beer is super intense and twistedly complex, rocking intense notes of vanilla, rich espresso, smooth molasses and bitter chocolate with a spicy, oaky underpinning. All barely contained by the metal wrapped around it. We've barrel-aged this opulent dark liquid for over a year to create a massive monster of a beery beast!”
Cans are a great way to showcase craft beers. Light, easy to ship and recyclable, they perfectly protect the beer ensuring it reaches customers in great condition.”