BREWDOG UNVEILS PLANS TO OPEN WORLD’S FIRST CROWDFUNDED CRAFT BEER HOTEL
DATE 03/02/2017 - Craft beer fans worldwide can rejoice as their dream for a craft beer hotel has just had the green light. Scottish brewer, BrewDog today announced plans to build the world’s first crowdfunded craft beer hotel in Columbus, Ohio, where the company will open its first international brewery later this year.
- The state-of-the-art hotel, dubbed The DogHouse, will boast a craft beer spa with beer-based treatments, a craft beer tap in every room serving the brewery’s flagship beer, Punk IPA, and an in-shower beer fridge so guests can sip whilst they shower.
- Guests who stay in the luxury suite will also get to enjoy a hot tub filled with the brewer’s award-winning Punk IPA.
- The DogHouse will also serve deluxe three-course breakfasts, lunches and dinners, all infused and paired with artisanal craft beers, ensuring the beer experience lasts from dusk until dawn.
- After a groundswell of demand from the brewer’s social media community, the brewer will fast-track the project through a crowdfunding program on Indiegogo, aiming to raise $75,000 in 30 days.
- With a track record of successful crowdfunding campaigns, BrewDog has broken global records with its Equity for Punks investment program – still open to US investors until Summer 2017
- The campaign will also fund a new sour brewing facility on site, allowing BrewDog to experiment with new beer flavors and brewing techniques. Patrons of The DogHouse will not only be able to trial these new beers fresh from the brewery, but view the oak foeders (used to age sour beers) from their bedrooms.
- Visitors will also be able to take advantage of private tours of BrewDog’s new US brewing facility when it opens later this year.
- Backers of the Indiegogo campaign can bag themselves free nights at The DogHouse and also exclusively secure the first five releases from the sour beer facility.
- Those backers who give over $30,000 to the campaign will be rewarded with hosting an all night event, be it a craft-beer themed wedding, birthday or corporate event at The DogHouse.
- Along with the aforementioned perks, backers will gain access to behind-the-scenes plans and designs as and when they are developed, alongside additional discounts and benefits.
- Last month, the first BrewDog US bar, DogTap launched, introducing Columbus locals to BrewDog’s headliners and a range of carefully curated beers from local craft breweries.
- BrewDog is aiming to open The DogHouse by the end of September 2018.
- Expansion into the US has been made possible by BrewDog’s innovative business model, Equity for Punks, which has amassed 55,000 shareholders over four rounds globally, and raised £40m through crowdfunding since 2009.
- BrewDog’s brand new, state-of-the-art 100,000 square foot brewery in Columbus, Ohio, which will be one of the most technologically-advanced and environmentally-friendly breweries in the world, will open in mid-2017, and is currently open to investment from the public via equityforpunksusa.com
James Watt, BrewDog Cofounder and CEO commented:
“Beer buffs around the world have been crying out for a beer hotel since we first floated the idea on social media, so we’re going to kick-start the most ambitious project we’ve ever planned, all with the backing of our global community of beer fans,”
“From the hop-infused face masks and malted barley massages – to the beer-infused breakfasts and built-in shower beer fridge – The DogHouse will be a mecca for those craft beer geeks seeking a vacation with a difference. Every single part of your stay at The DogHouse will be absolutely dominated by hops, malt and incredible beer. Forget Disneyland, this is the new happiest place on Earth”