DOGHOUSE: BREWDOG LAUNCHES INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN TO FUND A CRAFT BEER HOTEL WITH BEER-INFUSED SPA TREATMENTS, BEER BREAKFAST, AND IN-SHOWER BEER BARS
Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog, is giving beer geeks ultimate beer-themed immersive experience, with plans to build a craft beer hotel in Columbus Ohio. Every element of the stay pays homage to hops and the vast world of incredible craft beer. The irreverent trailblazers leading the craft beer revolution have turned to what they do best to get plans for the epic hotel, The DogHouse, and the attached sour beer brewery off the ground – via crowdfunding.
- BrewDog is aiming to raise $75,000 in 30 days to build a craft beer hotel & sour beer facility in Columbus, Ohio
- The hotel will include a craft beer spa, complete with hop face masks, malted barley massages, ‘Hoppy Feet’ pedicures, plus hop-infused shampoo and shower gels
- From a Punk IPA on tap in your room, to a mini fridge stocked with craft beer in your shower, to a beer-infused 3-course breakfast, the hotel is a truly immersive craft beer experience for Hop Heads
- Famous for shaking up the finance world with its anti-business model, Equity for Punks, BrewDog has taken more money through crowdfunding than any other business on record, and is now mobilising its army of loyal beer punks through Indiegogo to raise enough funds to fast track plans to create a beery utopia dedicated to the appreciation of great beer.
- Alongside a personal Punk IPA tap in the bedroom, guests can also make the most of beer-based shampoos and shower gels, a fridge stocked with of the world’s best craft beers, hand-selected by the discerning BrewDog co-founders, James Watt and Martin Dickie, and deluxe beer-infused breakfasts, lunches and dinners, with beers matched to every course.
- Guests can also enjoy private brewery tours, and backers of the Indiegogo campaign can secure the first five releases from the sour beer facility before anyone else.
- For the truly dedicated, there is the opportunity to take on the world’s most immersive craft beer experience, and plunge into a Punk IPA-filled hot tub.
- BrewDog, is aiming to throw open the doors of DogHouse by the end of September 2018. Backers on the Indiegogo campaign will gain access to behind-the-scenes plans and designs as and when they are developed, as well as money-can’t-buy perks and discounts.
- Last week, the first BrewDog US bar, DogTap launched, introducing Columbus locals to BrewDog’s headliners, alongside a range of curated beers from local craft breweries.
- Expansion into the US has been made possible by BrewDog’s innovative business model, Equity for Punks, which has amassed 55,000 shareholders over four rounds, and raised £40m through crowdfunding since 2009.
- BrewDog’s brand new, state-of-the-art 100,000 square foot brewery in Columbus, Ohio, which will be one of the most technologically-advanced and environmentally-friendly breweries in the world, will open in mid-2017.
Cofounder and CEO, James Watt commented:
“So many people have visited our new brewery in America so far, and we’ve not even released our first beer yet. With the number of Equity Punks we now have stateside, as well as our international community of 55,000 shareholders, we’re gearing up to help make the pilgrimage to our brewery an even more immersive craft beer experience. The rooms in The DogHouse will reminiscent of our most popular beers, with rooms overlooking the foeders in our new sour beer facility, and we’ll have hop-infused face masks – tailored to the hops in your favourite beers – malted barley massages plus, possibly my favourite part, a fridge in your en suite so you’re never more than arm’s length from a chilled can of Punk IPA. Forget Disneyland, this is the new happiest place on Earth”
James Watt continued:
“Our army of beer geeks have been asking for a beer hotel for a while, and we’ve been listening – now is the time to kick-start one of the most ambitious projects we’ve ever planned, all with the backing of our global community of beer fans. This will be the world’s only fully-immersvive craft beer destination. Every single part of your stay at DogHouse will be absolutely dominated by hops, malt and incredible beer; from your shower, to your breakfast, to the view from your room, to the minibar and perks like your own Punk IPA tap. Enjoy your stay.”