“TAXIDERMY TAXI”: DEAD DONKEY DELIVERS CRAFT BEER LOVERS TO NEWLY OPENED BREWDOG BAR IN BRIGHTON
Known for its quintessentially British donkey rides along the beach, Brighton will this weekend be giving drinkers a new twist on old traditions with the launch of the donkey Taxidermy Taxi service to mark the arrival of the craft beer revolution on Brighton shores.
- BrewDog has launched a new bar in Brighton, open from 28th August
- To mark the launch, a taxidermy donkey will provide rides to and from the newly opened venue on Marlborough Place, just north of Brighton Pavilion
- Patrons of the craft beer bar can hail the donkey with a tweet using #TaxidermyTaxi directed at @BrewDogBrighton
- Visitors to the new Brighton BrewDog bar, which will open to the public on Friday 28th August, can flag down the novel means of transport with a tweet using #TaxidermyTaxi at @BrewDogBrighton.
- With a long history of combining taxidermy and craft beer, the humorous take on the tourist staple from the Scottish brewery is the latest in a series of stunts, which has seen fat cats thrown from helicopters over the city of London, beer poured out of a stuffed deer’s head and bottles of the world’s strongest beer secreted inside squirrel corpses.
- The newest venue is the 32nd BrewDog craft beer cathedral on planet Earth, located at 52-54 Grand Parade in the old Blind Tiger Club venue, just north of the iconic Royal Pavillion.
- The bar’s draft taps will serve as a library of fermented masterpieces from all over the world, with 30 beers on tap and BrewDog beers including Punk IPA, Dead Pony Club, Jackhammer and Five AM Red Ale alongside small batch brews and an array of guest and international beers.
- With a capacity of 120, the bar will add a craft beer haven to Brighton's vibrant night life.
- The Brighton BrewDog bar launch will be followed later this year with establishments in Soho, Glasgow and Islington in the UK, and Rome, Berlin and Brussels further afield.
BrewDog co-founder James Watt said:
“We’re delighted to be launching in Brighton, and what better way to get locals in the door than personally delivering them there with a donkey Taxidermy Taxi service. We always like to fit in with the culture of our latest venue’s city with suitable BrewDog irreverence. Tradition is great, but not as good as something with an extra kick of eccentricity, a rule we also apply to our beers. The Taxidermy Taxi rides are great for people looking to take in the Brighton scenery from an interesting vantage point, and we’re delighted to be able to open our unique cab rides for the opening weekend of the bar.”
James Watt commented:
“We’ve long been looking to open a beer mecca in Brighton, it’s a city with a cool, independent vibe and a growing craft beer scene, and we want to offer craft beer fans in the city something they haven’t seen before. Brighton’s famous for its rich, diverse and party-loving crowds, and with 30 draft beers to choose from, there’s a perfect match for everyone and plenty of opportunity to be polyamorous with your choice of brew.
“We’ve got a packed programme of new launches coming up this year, not least celebrating our epic world record of crowdfunding £5million in the first three weeks of our fourth Equity for Punks drive. We’re branching out into new areas, smashing new targets, conquering new countries and continents, and calling the masses to our craft beer revolution. Once you sign up there’s no going back, and Brighton just got BrewDogged.”